Stoke's good form about to run out?

Lightwood said:
avoidconfusion said:
United like to play football. Stoke are a bunch of thugs that can kick the ball high and far and throw it far.

I'm really glad that is what you think about Stoke.

We are a really poor team who just hoof it all the time, in the words of your manager 'Long, Long ball' - you guys only need to turn up Staurday to beat what is essentially a pub team.

You completely missed the point... that is exactly the kind of "style" of football which we cannot deal with.We can deal with United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc because they play like we want to... Stoke don't.

Lightwood said:

We are a really poor team who just hoof it all the time, in the words of your manager 'Long, Long ball' - you guys only need to turn up Staurday to beat what is essentially a pub team.

If you bother to read the thread mate you'll find most people aren't cocky or arrogant at all about Saturday. Quite the opposite. Still, don't let the truth.. etc..

I'd rather be playing the 1970 brazil team than Stoke, we'll get beat 2-0 and outside Wembley will be reminiscent of Iraq.

california blue said:
Kolarov against pennent should be the key duel. He needs to get tight on him and not let him whip over those crosses....Wheere are you andy hichcliffle!! why did we ever get rid of him?

Kolarov shouldn't even play if Micah is fit. Zaba on the left for me. Kolarov will get skinned alive by Pennant, worse wingers have had his number this season.

Stoke are in good form yes but it is a one off game , neutral ground. That is why Stoke win their games , because of their fans. They never stop supporting them and that gives them the will to play . That's why they are so poor away from home , they don't have that backing . We play how we can and how we did in the semi final , we win the game simple , Stoke may play well but on our day even the rags couldn't stop us . It would be a travesty to lose to Stoke though , if we lost to a footballing team fair enough but to lose to a team who throws the ball or kicks it in the box and heads it in , it would be devastating . How they got to the final is beyond me. Stoke are confident , if we win on tuesday , get champions league football , we will be amazingally confident.

Lightwood said:
avoidconfusion said:
United like to play football. Stoke are a bunch of thugs that can kick the ball high and far and throw it far.

At what point did I say you were a pub team or we only need to turn up. I didn't did I? But you got all defensive straight away. Player for player ours are all better. Stoke do have qualities that bonds them and makes them difficult to play against. Don't get all giddy, coming on our forum slagging us off. Yet another teams fans having a go. If I were you I would be asking why my team can't play the way they do against City everyweek. I think you're being cheated.
We've fucked your manager over before on the big stage and I anticipate we'll do it again. Then perhaps you and all the other saddos will go away.
Now fuck off, haven't you got a kiln to fire, preferably with your head in it.<br /><br />-- Mon May 09, 2011 4:48 pm --<br /><br />
Lightwood said:
avoidconfusion said:

At what point did I say you were a pub team or we only need to turn up. I didn't did I? But you got all defensive straight away. Player for player ours are all better. Stoke do have qualities that bonds them and makes them difficult to play against. Don't get all giddy, coming on our forum slagging us off. Yet another teams fans having a go. If I were you I would be asking why my team can't play the way they do against City everyweek. I think you're being cheated.
We've fucked your manager over before on the big stage and I anticipate we'll do it again. Then perhaps you and all the other saddos will go away.
Now fuck off, haven't you got a kiln to fire, preferably with your head in it.

. Don't get all giddy, coming on our forum slagging us off. Yet another teams fans having a go. If I were you I would be asking why my team can't play the way they do against City everyweek.

The answer to that question is probably money. We are evolving slowly and we have improved as a team from a quality perspective since gaining promotion 3 years ago.

Whilst Peter Coates has a fortune of some 750 million pound that is small change for your owners.

I wasn't slagging you and your team off just emphasising that Stoke will give it a good go at the weekend and I will be surprised if you had things all your own way.

Good luck tomorrow, hoping you win for obvious reasons and I hope you don't get any injury or suspension worries to boot.

By the way,

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/56069/city-till-i-dye" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news- ... till-i-dye</a>

could be a bad mistake

I'm usually as pessimistic as the next guy but lets put this in perpective.

If Stoke were playing any of the other teams in the top 6 you would expect them to get beat. The only reason people are pessimistic is based on history of us p*ssing it up.

We are not the same team as previous years - we have players who have played at the top level used to the pressure - Stoke do not have this.

One of there best players in etherington is likely to be missing, not sure about Huth who got a knock and would also be a big miss for them.

If we come out of Tuesday with no injury worries we will be favourites with hte bookies and the reason is we should be beating Stoke. They are 8th in the league mainly based on their home form in a compact ground. Wembley is a big pitch, we should dominate midfield.

Yes its a one off game and anything could happen but it's time to man up and be a bit more positive. I expect us to WIN.

Lightwood said:

. Don't get all giddy, coming on our forum slagging us off. Yet another teams fans having a go. If I were you I would be asking why my team can't play the way they do against City everyweek.

The answer to that question is probably money. We are evolving slowly and we have improved as a team from a quality perspective since gaining promotion 3 years ago.

Whilst Peter Coates has a fortune of some 750 million pound that is small change for your owners.

I wasn't slagging you and your team off just emphasising that Stoke will give it a good go at the weekend and I will be surprised if you had things all your own way.

Good luck tomorrow, hoping you win for obvious reasons and I hope you don't get any injury or suspension worries to boot.

By the way,

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/56069/city-till-i-dye" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news- ... till-i-dye</a>

could be a bad mistake
So you don't play like you do against City because your owner only has £750 million?
Thanks for the goodluck message.
I can't believe that someone would do that, it's OK to be confident as I am because I genuinely believe it's our time, but to have a tatoo before hand staggers me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.