Stone Roses reform?

It'd have been great to see the Roses first time round. Whether they'd be any good would be another matter. I've seen a few reunions of bands like the Happy Mondays (seen them twice but was under no impression that it was anything like as good as seeing them in the 80s and early 90s and Shaun Ryder was a bit fucked on each ocassion) and I've seen the Inspirals a few years back (which was probably the best gig I've been to).
I'd still want to see the Roses just to chalk them off my 'things to do before I die and take you all with me" list. Prefer to the see New FADS reform though as they looked shit hot live.

dannybcity said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Yeah I'm being slightly hypocritical as if they did reform I'd deffo go to see them, although I'd hope the crowd would be less wankerish than an Oasis crowd, but still I'd rather they left it and stayed special.

Not going Heaton park then TMQ?

Nah I've had my fill of big Oasis gigs to be honest. Only so much piss you can have thrown over you and so many lads can try to kick off with you randomly before you find yourself bored.

Heaton Park will be a massacre, hordes of scallies will break in, it'll be like Altamont all over again...possibly!

TheMightyQuinn said:
dannybcity said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Yeah I'm being slightly hypocritical as if they did reform I'd deffo go to see them, although I'd hope the crowd would be less wankerish than an Oasis crowd, but still I'd rather they left it and stayed special.

Nah I've had my fill of big Oasis gigs to be honest. Only so much piss you can have thrown over you and so many lads can try to kick off with you randomly before you find yourself bored.

Heaton Park will be a massacre, hordes of scallies will break in, it'll be like Altamont all over again...possibly!

Fair enough, at the grand old age of 22 I've decided to take this one easy, maybe stroll down to see the support acts from afar. I'm fucked if I'm being squashed for 5 hours this time.

dannybcity said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
dannybcity said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Fair enough, at the grand old age of 22 I've decided to take this one easy, maybe stroll down to see the support acts from afar. I'm fucked if I'm being squashed for 5 hours this time.
On the bright side, they do Mr. Whippy ice-creams at Heaton Park and pony rides. If you get a bit pissed off, just have a wander to the ice-cream van and then mount a filly.

God, another band with members over 40 reforming.

It should be banned. There's nothing worse than seeing your childhood heroes balding, fat and going therough the motions for money. My golden memories of New Order live throughout the 80s were desroyed forever by some of the gigs they did before they split last year.

The only way a band can pull off a comeback is the way Pink Floyd did it the other year.

A strict one-off gig. Short and sweet, for charity and not cash.

The Stone Roses will spoil the legend.

And take it from me, they were awful live anyway.

dannybcity said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
dannybcity said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Good call. I did that at one of the Coms dates they did the other year, too much hassle being down the front for 5 hours then having some 6'8 beer monster physically try to move you just as Oasis walk on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.