Stone Roses reform?

blueshortshorts said:
This has got Silvertone all over it for me to be honest. 20th Anniversary of the album coming up, they'll digitally remaster it(again), repackage it, and "leak" the roses reforming to get the interest levels up...really hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it happening

Hope it's better than the 10th anniversary set, that was piss poor.

They could put everything they did for Silvertone on a 2 disc set, nice little booklet, remaster it cos the album on CD is piss poor quality and bang.

Bad news this IMHO, i thought it was going to be great when the Mondays got back together but in the end it was a bit disappointing, anyway drugs ain't the same and don't feel the same when you do them and that was half the thing with those two bands.

My overriding memory of Spike Island is queuing 2 hours for a pint and the lack of support acts in favour of some dance DJ and MC driving me insane. I also saw them on the Second Coming tour and thought they were fantastic that night, one of my favourite gigs ever.

I've seen Brown about 4 times as well and he's a bit hit and miss but I can honestly say I always enjoy the show regardless of how his voice stands up. I'm not sure how I'd feel about them reforming but as I really can't see it happening I won't give it too much thought. As somebody else has said Brown and Squire don't talk anymore, Squire is concentrating on his art rather than music and Silvertone have probably started all these rumours as a publicity stunt due to it being the 20th anniversary of the album release.

manimanc said:
thought I`d bump this thread..
have they split again?
are they working on new stuff?
where the fuck are they?
does anybody know?
does anybody care?

think they are writing new stuff. they've been touring all over for the past couple of years so probably having a break before going in to the studio to start recording. mani said 2015 before we hear new stuff a few month ago, but he often chats shit. if you haven't got that made of stone documentary I highly recommend it to any fans of theirs

mcfc1894 said:
manimanc said:
have they split again?
where the fuck are they?
does anybody know?
does anybody care?

think they are writing new stuff. they've been touring all over for the past couple of years so probably having a break before going in to the studio to start recording. mani said 2015 before we hear new stuff a few month ago, but he often chats shit. if you haven't got that made of stone documentary I highly recommend it to any fans of theirs
I went to see it at the warehouse (I think it was called that, in the shadow of the swamp) and loved it, was hoping for it at xmas on dvd but fell on deaf ears..
I hope it isn't another 5 years before we hear from them again...
My favourite band ever...

manimanc said:
mcfc1894 said:
manimanc said:
have they split again?
where the fuck are they?
does anybody know?
does anybody care?

I went to see it at the warehouse (I think it was called that, in the shadow of the swamp) and loved it, was hoping for it at xmas on dvd but fell on deaf ears..

yeah I hope not aswell. only thing I worry about is reni, I just have a terrible feeling he'll not fancy it, as he seems very temperamental. and no one will be able to replace him, not just because he's a brilliant drummer but also his backing vocals are superb. they show rehearsal footage of don't stop on the dvd extras and renis vocals in that are incredible. would love to see them do an arena tour instead of stadium or field gigs if they were to play again

mcfc1894 said:
manimanc said:
mcfc1894 said:

yeah I hope not aswell. only thing I worry about is reni, I just have a terrible feeling he'll not fancy it, as he seems very temperamental. and no one will be able to replace him, not just because he's a brilliant drummer but also his backing vocals are superb. they show rehearsal footage of don't stop on the dvd extras and renis vocals in that are incredible. would love to see them do an arena tour instead of stadium or field gigs if they were to play again
i dont think they will play again, clearly did it for a bit of a financial boost (fair play to be honest) they have been saying they've got 2 or 3 new songs for a couple years now, they keep giving a date further and further away. plus reni, as you say, probably wont fancy it. hes very family orientated nowadays and hates being away from them as well as having an obvious dislike for ian haha

stimo said:
i dont think they will play again, clearly did it for a bit of a financial boost (fair play to be honest) they have been saying they've got 2 or 3 new songs for a couple years now, they keep giving a date further and further away. plus reni, as you say, probably wont fancy it. hes very family orientated nowadays and hates being away from them as well as having an obvious dislike for ian haha

Reni always struck me as being the most down to earth of the 4 of them. If his kids are old enough then he can take them on tour with him. I'd have loved that if I was younger. Coolest Dad ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.