Stone Roses to reform

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Old men getting back together to appease the taxman and pay their dealers have a go at the Daily Fail in a calculated attempt to garner the yoof rebellion and nostalgia market.
And everyone falls over themselves to proclaim their legendary Manc swagger.
Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Not really no.

Ever got the feeling that some of us have been hoping this day would come and happy this has happened?

I hope you and any others going have a great time,I really do,I just don't think you can ever repeat the past,and it is best left in the realms of fond memory.
And even the pills are crap compared to 22 years ago,so little chance of narcotic utopia either.

There's always MDMA!!

Hopefully it works out for the better imo I think as Ian Brown has gotten older his voice has gotten better, Mani is still just as good on bass as I listen to Primal Scream a lot as for Remi and Squire they don't look to healthy they're the only question marks hanging over my head on performing.... Ian and Mani won't have a problem.

Old men getting back together to appease the taxman and pay their dealers have a go at the Daily Fail in a calculated attempt to garner the yoof rebellion and nostalgia market.
And everyone falls over themselves to proclaim their legendary Manc swagger.
Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Not really no.

Ever got the feeling that some of us have been hoping this day would come and happy this has happened?

I hope you and any others going have a great time,I really do,I just don't think you can ever repeat the past,and it is best left in the realms of fond memory.
And even the pills are crap compared to 22 years ago,so little chance of narcotic utopia either.

That's the thing though NF, I don't think those of us that feel excited about this want them to try and repeat the past. The thrill comes from them now having the opportunity to move on from their ignominious end in 96 and try and be a relevant band in a new decade. It might not work, but that’s what makes it interesting, they’re prepared to give it a go. I remember the buzz I had putting the Second Coming in the tape deck for the first time wondering what it would sound like after all that wait – well this time we’ve waited 15 years not 5, and to know there could be an opportunity again to feel that excitement and inquisitiveness about new Roses material is a great feeling. I honestly think people are over thinking this and getting hung up on history too much, the band want to live in the present and I’m prepared to go along with them, so far it feels a lot of fun.

Not really no.

There's always MDMA!!

Hopefully it works out for the better imo I think as Ian Brown has gotten older his voice has gotten better, Mani is still just as good on bass as I listen to Primal Scream a lot as for Remi and Squire they don't look to healthy they're the only question marks hanging over my head on performing.... Ian and Mani won't have a problem.

They are all closer to 50 than 40 so they aren't going to look young but personally I reckon Reni and Squire look in pretty good shape for their age, as does Brown. If anyone looks rough as fuck, it is Mani imo.

Lancet Fluke said:

There's always MDMA!!

They are all closer to 50 than 40 so they aren't going to look young but personally I reckon Reni and Squire look in pretty good shape for their age, as does Brown. If anyone looks rough as fuck, it is Mani imo.

Mani looks like ET.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Lancet Fluke said:
There's always MDMA!!

Mani looks like ET.

Fucking hell, just watching the press conference and whilst Reni is by far the most interesting and articulate of them, he sounds utterly unconvinced by the whole thing. Someone said on this thread yesterday that they would buy tickets but wouldn't be surprised if it all gone tits up by next June. I thought that was a bit pessimistic but listening to this, it wouldn't surprise me if Reni fucks it off. Hope I'm wrong, seeing him play would be the highlight of the whole thing. His 70 new stuffs comment was funny though.

Lancet Fluke said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Mani looks like ET.

Fucking hell, just watching the press conference and whilst Reni is by far the most interesting and articulate of them, he sounds utterly unconvinced by the whole thing. Someone said on this thread yesterday that they would buy tickets but wouldn't be surprised if it all gone tits up by next June. I thought that was a bit pessimistic but listening to this, it wouldn't surprise me if Reni fucks it off. Hope I'm wrong, seeing him play would be the highlight of the whole thing.

He didn't sound confident of himself either to be fair kept banging on about his health and how drummers should retire at 35 which is bull crap! I think he's just level headed and trying not to create a massive amount of hype like the rest...

Lancet Fluke said:
Mani looks like ET.

Fucking hell, just watching the press conference and whilst Reni is by far the most interesting and articulate of them, he sounds utterly unconvinced by the whole thing. Someone said on this thread yesterday that they would buy tickets but wouldn't be surprised if it all gone tits up by next June. I thought that was a bit pessimistic but listening to this, it wouldn't surprise me if Reni fucks it off. Hope I'm wrong, seeing him play would be the highlight of the whole thing.

He didn't sound confident of himself either to be fair kept banging on about his health and how drummers should retire at 35 which is bull crap! I think he's just level headed and trying not to create a massive amount of hype like the rest...

It was an interesting and funny press conference. I love Reni even more having seen it, which I didn't think was possible. I don't doubt for 1 second that his drumming will be incredible regardless of his age. He is a genius imo and I don't use that word lightly.

Halfpenny said:
£55 a ticket?!

Same as Oasis when they placed at heaton park isn't it??<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:19 am --<br /><br />
Lancet Fluke said:
Lancet Fluke said:

It was an interesting and funny press conference. I love Reni even more having seen it, which I didn't think was possible. I don't doubt for 1 second that his drumming will be incredible regardless of his age. He is a genius imo and I don't use that word lightly.

He sounded the most sensible out of the lot...

I thought it was a quality press conference they've not lost their humor but at same time they get straight to the point!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.