Stone Roses to reform

Come friday I'll be sticking my daughter firmly in front of her Peppa Pig dvds on the telly whilst I have two phones on the go and the laptop too. I will not rest until this is sorted.

Will be booking for the saturday. friday's out as my daughter will need picking up from nursery and my missus won't be able to attend to that task -- she'll be with me bouncing up and down shouting "international and continental see, but we're south of glasgow," whatever the fuck that means.

And if they come near us in the midlands I might even have a bit of that.

Ooh! I'm moistening up by the minute!!!

Aint bothering with this. Love their studio produced music but in my view Brown cant sing and this live event 23 years after their peak just isnt going to be any good.

Watching Morrissey rattle through Smiths songs at 70% tempo reminds me what a good decision it was to keep the Smiths Legacy just that.

No doubt after all day on the piss there will be tales of a great night but me thinks that will be the beer talking

Bilston Blue said:
Come friday I'll be sticking my daughter firmly in front of her Peppa Pig dvds on the telly whilst I have two phones on the go and the laptop too. I will not rest until this is sorted.

Will be booking for the saturday. friday's out as my daughter will need picking up from nursery and my missus won't be able to attend to that task -- she'll be with me bouncing up and down shouting "international and continental see, but we're south of glasgow," whatever the fuck that means.

You're daughter? Back off old man you had you're chance.

Chungo said:
Bilston Blue said:

Less of the old. 36 does not maketh the man old.

You're quite right, I have had my chance. I took it. Now I've another and I'm having some more. This I'll be my last outing trying to cling to the glory of loose-limbed, imaginary tom-tom banging, cressa-breaststroke-dancing youth. My angora Kangol bucket hat will be dusted down one more time. Lose a few pounds to fit in the fishtail parka that hangs sadly in my wardrobe. And when that dry ice falls and the bass rumble begins, I'll be anyone's. Like falling in love all over again.

On a tangent. Just been looking through the book that came with the 20th anniversary edition of the LP, and there's some mint photo's in there, and anybody who is anybody is quoted on their thoughts on the 'Roses and the first album. You can see how huge an influence they were.

Bilston Blue said:
Chungo said:
Bilston Blue said:

You're quite right, I have had my chance. I took it. Now I've another and I'm having some more. This I'll be my last outing trying to cling to the glory of loose-limbed, imaginary tom-tom banging, cressa-breaststroke-dancing youth. My angora Kangol bucket hat will be dusted down one more time. Lose a few pounds to fit in the fishtail parka that hangs sadly in my wardrobe. And when that dry ice falls and the bass rumble begins, I'll be anyone's. Like falling in love all over again.

On a tangent. Just been looking through the book that came with the 20th anniversary edition of the LP, and there's some mint photo's in there, and anybody who is anybody is quoted on their thoughts on the 'Roses and the first album. You can see how huge an influence they were.

I get what you're saying there Bilston and i'd love to see the gig turn out that way but i'm not sure it will.
Unless they get in a top notch sound team then the rumble of bass might just be a mild ripple. Outdoor shows can be terrible for sound quality (remember Spike Island) and the Roses stuff is so layered i think they may struggle.
They'll have to finish pretty early as well due to surrounding residents so it might still be light, making dry ice, lights and lasers pretty useless.

Ideally i'd love to see them indoors or a natural ampitheatre at night to get the full blast of their magic grooves.

Bilston Blue said:
Chungo said:
Bilston Blue said:

Ok you can go. But can I come with you and you say all that to me in person before we go?

Chungo said:
Bilston Blue said:
Chungo said:

Ok you can go. But can I come with you and you say all that to me in person before we go?

I'll be speechless and crying, speaking gibberish by then through quivering and lagered lips (lies. children: drinking and driving is not cool, just ask Paul Merson).

Ardwick AFC said:
banjo said:
Heaton park is not a good venue if the wind's blowing the sound around.

Open air concerts in Manchester just aint much good full stop. I went to the Artic Monkeys at old trafford cricket ground, and it was just thousand of lads throwing pints of piss and brawling. Then on the outskirts of the crowd there were boyfriends consoling their distraught birds. The days of Madchester's peace and love are well and truely over, my friend. Planet fuckwit is the new groove now.

I said this a few days back. Glad to see others are backing me up as a few didn't believe that that it would be a field full of wankers throwing piss.

I've been to shit loads of gigs all over Europe and generally, any open air gig in the UK is full of wankers thinking they're hard and throwing piss at lads with their gf's etc. Manchester being the worst for stuff like this, in my opinion.

In fact I'd say that unless you're planning on going with a group of hard mates, it's simply not worth the hassle.

I got started on at an Oasis gig a few years back for having long hair, shorter than Liam and Noels at the time so the irony was quite apparent. Thankfully, when they started I was alone with my gf but later in the day I met up with some mates and the lads who started on me were stripped of their dignity and I came up smelling of roses and a few quid richer ;)

Had they played the Apollo I'd be tempted but no chance am I bothering with this. Shit sound, shit view, field full of scally dicks, I've got better shit to do.

Shame they had to reform. Bigger shame they're doing it in such a MASSIVE manner that the music will take a back seat to the wind, rain and the sound of tossers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.