Stone Roses to reform

TheMightyQuinn said:
Ardwick AFC said:
banjo said:
Heaton park is not a good venue if the wind's blowing the sound around.

Open air concerts in Manchester just aint much good full stop. I went to the Artic Monkeys at old trafford cricket ground, and it was just thousand of lads throwing pints of piss and brawling. Then on the outskirts of the crowd there were boyfriends consoling their distraught birds. The days of Madchester's peace and love are well and truely over, my friend. Planet fuckwit is the new groove now.

I said this a few days back. Glad to see others are backing me up as a few didn't believe that that it would be a field full of wankers throwing piss.

I've been to shit loads of gigs all over Europe and generally, any open air gig in the UK is full of wankers thinking they're hard and throwing piss at lads with their gf's etc. Manchester being the worst for stuff like this, in my opinion.

In fact I'd say that unless you're planning on going with a group of hard mates, it's simply not worth the hassle.

I got started on at an Oasis gig a few years back for having long hair, shorter than Liam and Noels at the time so the irony was quite apparent. Thankfully, when they started I was alone with my gf but later in the day I met up with some mates and the lads who started on me were stripped of their dignity and I came up smelling of roses and a few quid richer ;)

Had they played the Apollo I'd be tempted but no chance am I bothering with this. Shit sound, shit view, field full of scally dicks, I've got better shit to do.

Shame they had to reform. Bigger shame they're doing it in such a MASSIVE manner that the music will take a back seat to the wind, rain and the sound of tossers.
Whilst I agree in principle with the majority of what you've said, did you really expect the biggest gig (in terms of hype) this century to be held at the 3,000 capacity Apollo??

I really think this might be different from the crowds at Arctic Monkeys (at OT) and Oasis a couple of years back. The crowd for The Roses will be a cross section of men and women aged between 20 - 50 who are there solely for the music and memories.
I'd imagine with the restrictions on 4 tickets per address/card there won't be many scallies prepared to pay over the odds if they can't get a ticket at face value tomorrow.

I must say, you're probably spot on about the sound though - they're nailed on to have technical issues.

Blue-Eyes said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Ardwick AFC said:
Open air concerts in Manchester just aint much good full stop. I went to the Artic Monkeys at old trafford cricket ground, and it was just thousand of lads throwing pints of piss and brawling. Then on the outskirts of the crowd there were boyfriends consoling their distraught birds. The days of Madchester's peace and love are well and truely over, my friend. Planet fuckwit is the new groove now.

I said this a few days back. Glad to see others are backing me up as a few didn't believe that that it would be a field full of wankers throwing piss.

I've been to shit loads of gigs all over Europe and generally, any open air gig in the UK is full of wankers thinking they're hard and throwing piss at lads with their gf's etc. Manchester being the worst for stuff like this, in my opinion.

In fact I'd say that unless you're planning on going with a group of hard mates, it's simply not worth the hassle.

I got started on at an Oasis gig a few years back for having long hair, shorter than Liam and Noels at the time so the irony was quite apparent. Thankfully, when they started I was alone with my gf but later in the day I met up with some mates and the lads who started on me were stripped of their dignity and I came up smelling of roses and a few quid richer ;)

Had they played the Apollo I'd be tempted but no chance am I bothering with this. Shit sound, shit view, field full of scally dicks, I've got better shit to do.

Shame they had to reform. Bigger shame they're doing it in such a MASSIVE manner that the music will take a back seat to the wind, rain and the sound of tossers.
Whilst I agree in principle with the majority of what you've said, did you really expect the biggest gig (in terms of hype) this century to be held at the 3,000 capacity Apollo??

I really think this might be different from the crowds at Arctic Monkeys (at OT) and Oasis a couple of years back. The crowd for The Roses will be a cross section of men and women aged between 20 - 50 who are there solely for the music and memories.
I'd imagine with the restrictions on 4 tickets per address/card there won't be many scallies prepared to pay over the odds if they can't get a ticket at face value tomorrow.

I must say, you're probably spot on about the sound though - they're nailed on to have technical issues.

Yeah, I admit that it was unlikely they'd play the Apollo but this is the Roses and they did used to do things differently to other bands.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Blue-Eyes said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Yeah, I admit that it was unlikely they'd play the Apollo but this is the Roses and they did used to do things differently to other bands.

Where they have slipped up here TMQ is not asking you what they should do. Before rudely announcing their reformation and concert schedule, they should have given you a shout so you could give them the thumbs up or down.

Blue-Eyes said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Ardwick AFC said:

At the Oasis gig at the cricket ground scottish bloke in front of me couldn;t stop elbowing me in the face and after every song would scream manchester la la la in a horrible gruffy scottish voice .After the 20th elbow to the face I tapped him on the shoulder and ask him could he put his elbows down as my face cant take much more? his answer? "FUCK OFF YA MANC PRICK " for me thats the typical open air gig goer in manchester and I pray to god that it'll be different at the roses but seeing the amount of knobs on facebook that i know dont like the roses who all of a sudden are putting fools gold and she bangs the drums you tube vids on there profiles I know it;ll be same crowd.One idiot put James lyrics on there wall and said cant wait to hear Ian Brown sing this !!!!!!

gaudinho's stolen car said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Blue-Eyes said:

Where they have slipped up here TMQ is not asking you what they should do. Before rudely announcing their reformation and concert schedule, they should have given you a shout so you could give them the thumbs up or down.

Come on, we all know that following the gigs the majority of people present will complain about the sound and general atmosphere before the band themselves admit they should have played somewhere suited to a band and not a public park.

I'm not too fussed as I'm giving it a wide berth but it's a bit of a shame for those Roses fanatics who are wanting to attend and actually think they'll see/hear the Roses.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:18 pm --<br /><br />Just seen on FB that there are hospitality packages available for the heaton park shows so it's getting more rock n roll by the second!

I really want to go to see them but I must admit the idea of Heaton park doesn't appeal to me at all. I hate huge outdoor gigs generally. Any word or rumours on the world tour yet? Might wait for that and see if they play smaller venues either in the uk or in Europe. I want to actually see and hear them play, especially reni.

This!!!! im still not sure whether to get tickets or not. the oasis shows at heaton park were shite, shite sound and full of wankers lying in their own piss and vomit, hours before oasis came on

Cheadle Blue said:

This!!!! im still not sure whether to get tickets or not. the oasis shows at heaton park were shite, shite sound and full of wankers lying in their own piss and vomit, hours before oasis came on

I suppose i'm all alone when i say that i don't really like The Stone Roses?

Lancet Fluke said:
I really want to go to see them but I must admit the idea of Heaton park doesn't appeal to me at all. I hate huge outdoor gigs generally. Any word or rumours on the world tour yet? Might wait for that and see if they play smaller venues either in the uk or in Europe. I want to actually see and hear them play, especially reni.
T in the Park and V Festival.
(edit: Ironically, both Huge Outdoor Gigs). I'd imagine they'll play at Hyde Park in London and Slaine Castle Dublin aswell, but that's just a guess.

Blue-Eyes said:
Lancet Fluke said:
T in the Park and V Festival.
(edit: Ironically, both Huge Outdoor Gigs). I'd imagine they'll play at Hyde Park in London and Slaine Castle Dublin aswell, but that's just a guess.
Hopefully they will play some proper venues around Europe in autumn once they have got the summer outdoor bollocks out of the way. Even some arenas would be bearable, I'm not expecting to see them at the Apollo or similar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.