Stone Roses to reform

Fitton said:
M18CTID said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
Same here. It will be an all day "festival", no doubt there will be several other good bands on as well, hopefully up and coming local ones.

I don't think that's too excessive compared to other similar gigs these days. Plus, as you say, it will be an all day event and there will be plenty of other bands on as well.

I must say I'm very surprised at how many younger people are into The Stone Roses - people who weren't even born when they were at their peak in 1989/1990. That kind of thing is usually reserved only for the biggest bands such as The Beatles and my first thought was that these gigs would be attended only by a load of 40-somethings rather than a cross-section of ages.

Nope, I'm 21 so I was only just being born when they were at their peak.

THIS is why i'm so excited to see them reform because i've always been gutted that i'd never be able to see them perform live, well, now i will!

There are alot of younger people into bands like the smiths, oasis, stone roses etc these days...alot of the indie crowd.

Fuck that. Indie crowd. pfft. I know the reason I'm into the roses, smiths, joy division etc is because they were local bands and part of the Manchester music culture which I'm gutted to of missed out on being 18. And I ain't indie.

Looking forward to this, but can see what will happen already:

It will be the same as when Oasis played Heaton Park. Full of posh rich kids off their tits thinking they are reliving 'Madchester'. A light sprinkling of dealers, a large gangs of lads spouting shite and singing songs about United, que responses from City fans then plenty of fighting.

I cant feckin wait!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Fitton said:
M18CTID said:
I don't think that's too excessive compared to other similar gigs these days. Plus, as you say, it will be an all day event and there will be plenty of other bands on as well.

I must say I'm very surprised at how many younger people are into The Stone Roses - people who weren't even born when they were at their peak in 1989/1990. That kind of thing is usually reserved only for the biggest bands such as The Beatles and my first thought was that these gigs would be attended only by a load of 40-somethings rather than a cross-section of ages.

Nope, I'm 21 so I was only just being born when they were at their peak.

THIS is why i'm so excited to see them reform because i've always been gutted that i'd never be able to see them perform live, well, now i will!

There are alot of younger people into bands like the smiths, oasis, stone roses etc these days...alot of the indie crowd.

I'm in same boat as you Fitton, I'm 23 and was 2 during their prime...

I think I was born 15 years too late as most of the madchester era suits my music taste I wish the 80's could just come back for 1 week!!

This is my dream haha

Ah shite........

Do I buy tickets or don't I???

Always wished I'd had seen them. Loved them in the day. Still love the music today.

Just hope if I buy tickets they'll live up to my expectations.

banjo said:
Heaton park is not a good venue if the wind's blowing the sound around.

Open air concerts in Manchester just aint much good full stop. I went to the Artic Monkeys at old trafford cricket ground, and it was just thousand of lads throwing pints of piss and brawling. Then on the outskirts of the crowd there were boyfriends consoling their distraught birds. The days of Madchester's peace and love are well and truely over, my friend. Planet fuckwit is the new groove now.

Jasondh said:
Ah shite........

Do I buy tickets or don't I???

Always wished I'd had seen them. Loved them in the day. Still love the music today.

Just hope if I buy tickets they'll live up to my expectations.

buy them, you have to look at the worst case scenario's here

1. you go and they're shit, at least you get a day out to get drunk and see live music for not a bad price if you ask me.

2. you don't go and it turns out to be amazing, imagine how bad you will feel missing out on a once in a life time experience.

i drove from hull for the match yesterday, set off at 15:00 and due to some wankstain snapping the ariel from my car, couldn't get the press conference on the radio. when i got into the cornershop pub, i asked the staff behind the bar if they knew what had happened. one lad with tattoos up his arms asked if he could help. i explained that the stone roses had held a press conference at 15:40 and i wanted to know what had happened. i swear to god he replied "Why, are they splitting up?"

citykev28 said:
i drove from hull for the match yesterday, set off at 15:00 and due to some wankstain snapping the ariel from my car, couldn't get the press conference on the radio. when i got into the cornershop pub, i asked the staff behind the bar if they knew what had happened. one lad with tattoos up his arms asked if he could help. i explained that the stone roses had held a press conference at 15:40 and i wanted to know what had happened. i swear to god he replied "Why, are they splitting up?"

Hahaha, made me piss mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.