Stop abusing the Hughes out brigade - we have a valid point

BobKowalski said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Mike D said:
citysid said:
This board and some of the people on it make me laugh, GET RID OF HUGHES, ok if we do who is going to take the job, and CITY in the same old shit again sack another manager, when is it going to stop.

We cannot keep on going and sacking managers we will get nowhere, new faces again no consistancy we have to build a team. Just look at our past with all the people we have not stuck by it ends up just the same no fucking silverware.

If you look at bringing Jose in who says he will win anything for us, after 2 years when he has not achieved do the moaners come on here and say sack him.

We need to get real people give HUGHES a chance

So in summary we keep him because we've never given managers in the past a chance and we can't keep treading that same path. Ever thought you give someone a chance becuase they deserve that chance i.e because they have achieved something there predecessors didn't like achiedved a higher points tally or won a piece of silverware.

The problem is MH hasn't achieved anything it is highly likely that he will achieve less than Sven but spent £150mil in the process. The problem giving someone a CHANCE is even when they prove themselves in the short term they don't always work our. The test case there would be Staurt Pearce who I achieved in his first season but had the rug pulled from under him on the 2nd when all our best players were sold.

Therefore on 2 accounts this arguement defies all logic unless your mystic f*ckin meg I cannot fathom out the sense of keeping a failing manager.

default.jpg

How can you judge a manager on one season???? you cant!!!!! if you did bacon face would have been sacked by the rags after one season!!!!!!!

You can quite easily.

And he wouldn't. AF took over several months into the season and finished mid table and in his first full season he finished runners up in the league. In neither instance was AF remotely under pressure from the sack and finishing 2nd in his first full season is a large part of the reason why the board stuck with him during the rebuilding process.
no first full season he finished 15th just above us second full season they finshed 6th below us!!! I know this cos a rag fan "mate" rubs it into my face everytime we change managers as I said before Thaksins timetable was realistic and as I also said there have been times this season if we had sacked Hughes I would have been happy I personally would give Hughes till November

have we made any real progress this season?? our away form is a joke i cant even see us winning away from home again this season, and we still have to play the rags.we have spent millions and still we cant defend or score from set pieces. SOME of our players are small, they are not ALL midgets yet we cant win headers. marking is a joke. there seems to be zero team spirit and i cant remember us turning a match round at any point, when we are playing shit it justs worse and worse. we struggeled into the uefa cup quarters and it looks like we are going out to the one half decent team we have played. there doesnt seem to be any organization on the pitch. im sorry but i think we are capable of a lot better and have seen that at times but right now we are a shambles of a team, a really poor team.... despite all this i think hughes should stay, hopfully he can get it right next season his buys are good in fainess and the only manager i would want to replace him with if he does go is the special one, if things dont look like they have improved by november then he had his chance and he needs to go, all we can do is get behind the team and leave the hughes ou banners at home!!

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
no first full season he finished 15th just above us second full season they finshed 6th below us!!! I know this cos a rag fan "mate" rubs it into my face everytime we change managers as I said before Thaksins timetable was realistic and as I also said there have been times this season if we had sacked Hughes I would have been happy I personally would give Hughes till November

AF was appointed in Nov 86 and finished 11th as they did in 88/89. However in his first full season 87/88 they finished runners up to Liverpool. It was this season that helped AF keep his job during the rebuilding.

Possibly getting confused cos i am angry with some of the inept matches this season I just know sacking the manager year on year isn't the answer. I just know if Hughes goes and we have another midtable finish there will be threads just like this one next year

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Possibly getting confused cos i am angry with some of the inept matches this season I just know sacking the manager year on year isn't the answer. I just know if Hughes goes and we have another midtable finish there will be threads just like this one next year

Fair enough. And sacking the manager every year is not a good template for success. Appointing the right manager and giving him time is. Just a question now of who we all think the right manager is :)

one thing that annoys me is when people keep saying "give Hughes til November or Xmas", it has been proved many many times that the best time to change managers is the summer.

If we give Hughes til Xmas and he gets sacked it will mean another season can be written off which would be catastrophic in the position we are in with all this wealth behind us.

it has to be end of season so that the new manager has the full transfer window to assess and amend the squad as required, hence why May 25th will be a busy day on here when the trigger gets pulled.....

Rammy Blue said:
one thing that annoys me is when people keep saying "give Hughes til November or Xmas", it has been proved many many times that the best time to change managers is the summer.

If we give Hughes til Xmas and he gets sacked it will mean another season can be written off which would be catastrophic in the position we are in with all this wealth behind us.

it has to be end of season so that the new manager has the full transfer window to assess and amend the squad as required, hence why May 25th will be a busy day on here when the trigger gets pulled.....

And we could end up with a Spuds Ramos situation with us languishing in the lower regions and having to bring in a fire fighter and have to throw in a boat load of cash to remedy the problems.

BobKowalski said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:

Fair enough. And sacking the manager every year is not a good template for success. Appointing the right manager and giving him time is. Just a question now of who we all think the right manager is :)

Under the same token giving an inept manager time to prove what you already know isn't the answer. Just look at Boro and Gareth Southgate and Middlesborough who are a club whose chairman gives managers time. Apart from Mclaren there is your evidence that putting faith in an inept manager and giving them time might give you consistancy but F*ck all else

Hiddink took over a failing Chelsea team, didn't spend a penny, and within a month has transformed them. That's what a quality manager can do.

Zola took over a team that were in the relegation zone, no money, club in crrisis, and they're now 7th. playing great football.

Even Fat Sam at Blackburn and Happy Harry at Spurs have got better records than Hughes since they took over... without spending a fraction what Hughes spent.

I think even Sbragia at Sunderland has gained more points than Hughes!

It's all bollocks this stability and 5 year plans. Football isn't like it was 20 years ago when you had to build teams. Now you buy them.

Stability... Southgate and Mowbray. Maybe even Moyes...and he's never won a thing in his 10 year management career! Is that the height of our ambitions now? FFS!

Soulboy said:
Hiddink took over a failing Chelsea team, didn't spend a penny, and within a month has transformed them. That's what a quality manager can do.

Zola took over a team that were in the relegation zone, no money, club in crrisis, and they're now 7th. playing great football.

Even Fat Sam at Blackburn and Happy Harry at Spurs have got better records than Hughes since they took over... without spending a fraction what Hughes spent.

I think even Sbragia at Sunderland has gained more points than Hughes!

It's all bollocks this stability and 5 year plans. Football isn't like it was 20 years ago when you had to build teams. Now you buy them.

Stability... Southgate and Mowbray. Maybe even Moyes...and he's never won a thing in his 10 year management career! Is that the height of our ambitions now? FFS!

All new managers tend to have a "honey moon" period, but it doesnt last forever, Pearce had a great start, but look what happened in the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.