Stop abusing the Hughes out brigade - we have a valid point

PoolHustler said:
I disagree mate I don't know how you can say Hughes is a average manager after what he did for a relegation threatened Blackburn side (a team we could never beat by the way)

It is very easy to say Hughes is an average PL manager. Citing what he did at Blackburn is not an argument that suggets greatness is waiting in the wings to call his name. Souness afterall won a trophy with Blackburn and he is quite possibly one of the worst managers ever to manage in the PL. Allerdyce did a great job at Bolton and good old 'arry won the FA cup with Portsmouth and they are both in the same category as Hughes although it will be interesting to see what 'arry does with a full season at Spurs and whether he can move them up a level or two.

The stability argument is valid but only if you have the right man to begin with. Wenger is often cited as proof positive that stability is the key. Yet to get Wenger Arsenal sacked a manager after one season - Bruce Rioch - a manager who did purchase one of their greatest ever assets in Denis Bergkamp and who finished a respectable 5th. So they sacked a manger who could spot and deliver a world class player and did a decent job in his first season. Not to mention they sacked him for a man no one had heard of. The right decision to sack Rioch or should they have given him time? It was a choppy time for Arsenal and stability would have surely been the prudent and safe decision.

I suspect that the answer on here would have been 'Rioch needs time' and 'Look at his signings - Bergkamp is world class ffs'

The reasons why Hughes should be flirted have been done to death, and met with nonsense and abuse from the misguided who think Hughes has any clue of building a team.

A far more simple way is watch the last half hour or so from last night...........then pick an away game this season and do the same ( Or even a few home games)

What you will notice is the defence pinned in their own area, only clearing the ball for it to come straight back in, and no shape in midfield...................same sh*t, different day.

Hughes is clueless, he was when we got him, he is now, his signings have made little difference except put at risk our keeping two young players in Sturridge and Hart.

This is the problem everytime we change the manager we move sideways then start again. The thing Frank got right was his timetable which if everyone remembers was

Year One Top 10
Year Two UEFA/Europa qualifer
Year Three Champs League.

Only problem Frank then broke it sacking Sven but I think its realistic considering what we have done over the course of the Premier League. We need to give someone the chance to get to year two as I said in an earlier post would it kill us to give Hughes till November if it's still the same get rid then. For the record I was born in '77 yes the year after we last won a major honour in '76 I am willing to wait another year or two and as long as we give someone that chance to stay in the hot seat for a bit!

I don’t care what the press are reporting.

I see the situation like this. although we have had a shit season with some pretty erratic performances by both team and manager, ADUG can just about palate a mid table finish in the name of stability, if we go all the way in Europe and win the UEFA Cup thus guaranteeing European football next season.

Exiting Europe and carrying on and finishing midtable together will almost certainly guarantee Hughes the sack.

For one it will leave us unable to sign top class players because we are out of Europe, and Hughes will have no pulling power, (it is debateable if he had it to start with).

To counter this ADUG will have to try and break the bank to bring a top notch manager with a proven pedigree in Europe, who will then sell the vision to potential world class transfer targets.

It is the only acceptable out come.

Other than that we can look forward to another season of mediocrity and the arrival of players similar to Crouch,Bentley and Kenwyn Jones,and our metamorphis in to a mid table Blackburn type side will be nearly complete.

citysid said:
This board and some of the people on it make me laugh, GET RID OF HUGHES, ok if we do who is going to take the job, and CITY in the same old shit again sack another manager, when is it going to stop.

We cannot keep on going and sacking managers we will get nowhere, new faces again no consistancy we have to build a team. Just look at our past with all the people we have not stuck by it ends up just the same no fucking silverware.

If you look at bringing Jose in who says he will win anything for us, after 2 years when he has not achieved do the moaners come on here and say sack him.

We need to get real people give HUGHES a chance

So in summary we keep him because we've never given managers in the past a chance and we can't keep treading that same path. Ever thought you give someone a chance becuase they deserve that chance i.e because they have achieved something there predecessors didn't like achiedved a higher points tally or won a piece of silverware.

The problem is MH hasn't achieved anything it is highly likely that he will achieve less than Sven but spent £150mil in the process. The problem giving someone a CHANCE is even when they prove themselves in the short term they don't always work our. The test case there would be Staurt Pearce who I achieved in his first season but had the rug pulled from under him on the 2nd when all our best players were sold.

Therefore on 2 accounts this arguement defies all logic unless your mystic f*ckin meg I cannot fathom out the sense of keeping a failing manager.

default.jpg

Mike D said:
citysid said:
This board and some of the people on it make me laugh, GET RID OF HUGHES, ok if we do who is going to take the job, and CITY in the same old shit again sack another manager, when is it going to stop.

We cannot keep on going and sacking managers we will get nowhere, new faces again no consistancy we have to build a team. Just look at our past with all the people we have not stuck by it ends up just the same no fucking silverware.

If you look at bringing Jose in who says he will win anything for us, after 2 years when he has not achieved do the moaners come on here and say sack him.

So in summary we keep him because we've never given managers in the past a chance and we can't keep treading that same path. Ever thought you give someone a chance becuase they deserve that chance i.e because they have achieved something there predecessors didn't like achiedved a higher points tally or won a piece of silverware.

The problem is MH hasn't achieved anything it is highly likely that he will achieve less than Sven but spent £150mil in the process. The problem giving someone a CHANCE is even when they prove themselves in the short term they don't always work our. The test case there would be Staurt Pearce who I achieved in his first season but had the rug pulled from under him on the 2nd when all our best players were sold.

Therefore on 2 accounts this arguement defies all logic unless your mystic f*ckin meg I cannot fathom out the sense of keeping a failing manager.

default.jpg

How can you judge a manager on one season???? you cant!!!!! if you did bacon face would have been sacked by the rags after one season!!!!!!!

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Mike D said:
citysid said:

default.jpg

How can you judge a manager on one season???? you cant!!!!! if you did bacon face would have been sacked by the rags after one season!!!!!!!

Baconface had won trophys and european trophys in Jockland and did something which had never been done in years up there took trophys away from glasgow. Its all fine and noble of you saying that 1 season isn't enough. BUT what has he done to earn the right for any longer. Most managers would give there right arm for the money and support that MH has had.

Forgive me if I am wrong but we are in results game right so if you can't beat your predecessors tally who was sacked then how can you justify yourself of keeping such a privelged position? Its all about results and points and if despite heavy investment you are going backwards then in terms of progress then I'm afraid its a bit of a no brainer regardless who've signed the MH position is becoming unatainable

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Mike D said:
citysid said:

default.jpg

You can quite easily.

And he wouldn't. AF took over several months into the season and finished mid table and in his first full season he finished runners up in the league. In neither instance was AF remotely under pressure from the sack and finishing 2nd in his first full season is a large part of the reason why the board stuck with him during the rebuilding process.

BobKowalski said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Mike D said:
citysid said:

default.jpg

You can quite easily.

And he wouldn't. AF took over several months into the season and finished mid table and in his first full season he finished runners up in the league. In neither instance was AF remotely under pressure from the sack and finishing 2nd in his first full season is a large part of the reason why the board stuck with him during the rebuilding process.

Spot on Bob the factor also to conside is the prem is a differant animal from the old 1 st division and in those days you weren't bank roled by oil rich arabs and given the chance to bid for any player in the world. So trying to compare AF tenure with MH is hardly fair comparison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.