Stop moaning and get behind Mancini

DD said:
WNRH said:
p.s i must send a bottle of champers to Mr Berstein, Noel Gallagher and co for getting us to the FA Cup semi final. Top blues.

I'd send thanks to all those who made the draws.

We won home games against Leicester, Notts County, Aston Villa Reserves and Reading to get to Wembley.

A very average Championship side would be playing at Wembley now if they had had the draws we had. It's hardly Mancini's tactical genius that has got us there, it's been the luck of the draw.

-- Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:57 pm --

dennis tuearts hatrick balls said:
the other top teams in the prem arent just gonna let us roll all over them straight away

The top three teams have their worst sides for years. They have effectively begged us to overtake them but the manager's tactics and his woeful signings have cost us that chance.

We are only fourth because the rest of the competition is average to shit!

Funny that eh...Why else have the established top four been at the top for so long?? your last sentence answers my question..we have been in the top 4 for most if not all the season, not bad for a team full of woeful signings and an incompetant manager...what cant speak cant lie.

samharris said:
DD said:
I'd send thanks to all those who made the draws.

We won home games against Leicester, Notts County, Aston Villa Reserves and Reading to get to Wembley.

A very average Championship side would be playing at Wembley now if they had had the draws we had. It's hardly Mancini's tactical genius that has got us there, it's been the luck of the draw.

-- Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:57 pm --

The top three teams have their worst sides for years. They have effectively begged us to overtake them but the manager's tactics and his woeful signings have cost us that chance.

We are only fourth because the rest of the competition is average to shit!

Funny that eh...Why else have the established top four been at the top for so long?? your last sentence answers my question..we have been in the top 4 for most if not all the season, not bad for a team full of woeful signings and an incompetant manager...what cant speak cant lie.

We are on course for less points than last season.

The top three are weaker than they have been for years, yet we are going backwards.

In the last ten games against United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs our record is W 1 D 4 L 5 - Scored 2 Conceded 9

Prior to that, our record against the big four was W 5 D 0 L 3 - Scored 19 Conceded 16

How the fuck can you call that progress? Come on, explain that one cocker!

DD said:
samharris said:

We are on course for less points than last season.

The top three are weaker than they have been for years, yet we are going backwards.

In the last ten games against United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs our record is W 1 D 4 L 5 - Scored 2 Conceded 9

Prior to that, our record against the big four was W 5 D 0 L 3 - Scored 19 Conceded 16

How the fuck can you call that progress? Come on, explain that one cocker!

Wait for someone telling you that it shows we have conceded less and that all great teams are built from the back up lol

I think the phrase 'Rome wasn't built in a day' comes to mind.

fair enough at times his tactics could be questioned, and the fact were down to one competition by the middle of march is somewhat disappointing..

BUT, I think the team is slowing jelling, the way he handled the tevez situation before Christmas was admirable and he seems to be getting the best out of Zabeleta, micah, kompany and nige.

I think he re-assessed the micah situation and realised he wasn't a centre back and since he's played right back he's been one of our top performers for me ( just needs to stop the needless fouls)

However, i think his buys could be questioned, kolarov clearly isn't good enough and i think he needs to show that he is willing to admit he made a mistake and drop him, maybe shift barry to left back. I think he is starting to also realise he is out of his depth with handling balo and should cut his loses!

finally, I think he needs to make up with bellers, he is a player that would of won us so many points this season in games we struggled to get behind the opposition defence (Birmingham at home)

But overall, i stay stick with him, take 3rd/4th this year and really push next with a couple of signings, AND GET BELLERS BACK!!!

Fazz28 said:

fair enough at times his tactics could be questioned, and the fact were down to one competition by the middle of march is somewhat disappointing..

BUT, I think the team is slowing jelling, the way he handled the tevez situation before Christmas was admirable and he seems to be getting the best out of Zabeleta, micah, kompany and nige.

I think he re-assessed the micah situation and realised he wasn't a centre back and since he's played right back he's been one of our top performers for me ( just needs to stop the needless fouls)

However, i think his buys could be questioned, kolarov clearly isn't good enough and i think he needs to show that he is willing to admit he made a mistake and drop him, maybe shift barry to left back. I think he is starting to also realise he is out of his depth with handling balo and should cut his loses!

finally, I think he needs to make up with bellers, he is a player that would of won us so many points this season in games we struggled to get behind the opposition defence (Birmingham at home)

But overall, i stay stick with him, take 3rd/4th this year and really push next with a couple of signings, AND GET BELLERS BACK!!!
Well; it's certainly slowing, that's for sure (as Sven might say!).

jimharri said:
Fazz28 said:

Well; it's certainly slowing, that's for sure (as Sven might say!).

haha sorry, i meant 'slowly'

I always recall how defensive we were under Mercer and Allison at first...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.