Stop Spending!!

Gelsons Dad said:
Just to open a new debate.
By paying top money for premiership players we are in most cases liquefying the assets of otherwise underfunded clubs. We are floating the prem by injecting all the cash. This is a very bad idea. Much better to buy from overseas clubs and let the other prem clubs struggle for money.

Discuss.

GD Pissed in China!!

I tend to agree, but so far the only money that's been given to the competition is the Adebayor and Bridge transfer fees.

I'm okay with giving Arsenal that money, because the odds of Wenger going out and getting a comparable player are very small, so that transfer fee is likely to be used to pay off debts instead of truly strengthening the Arsenal squad.

As far as future targets, I'm fine with a bid for Touré for the reason outlined above, and Chelsea aren't exactly in a cash crunch, so I'm fine with Terry as well.

I think the club are going about this in a very shrewd manner so far, so hopefully this continues.

terry-benchod said:
GD Pissed in China!![ Spend your time in CHINA doing something worthwile like saving some dogs or cat from being eaten instead of chatting shit!!

Looks like someone just outed himself as a racist.

somervillain said:
terry-benchod said:
GD Pissed in China!![ Spend your time in CHINA doing something worthwhile like saving some dogs or cat from being eaten instead of chatting shit!!

OH the irony!And since when did campaigning for animal rights become racist?Care to enlighten me?

Think you need an extra strength tin hat here mate!

Giving our so called rivals money is no guarantee they will spend it wisely or indeed spend it at all as has been pointed out already on this thread.
Buying players is always a gamble in many aspects but you have to weigh up the pros and cons and i believe the pros outweigh the cons.
Hughes is going for 'Premiership Ready' players and there are several benefits to the players we have bought so far:
1. RSC - Prem ready / speaks the language / no settling in period / doeasnt even need to move home as local
2. Adebayor. prem ready / speaks the language / again no adjusting to prem
3. most of the above goes for Tevez....doubt he'll ever learn the language but doesnt need to, talks with his feet.............he doesnt even need to move house either...................

Buying from abroad means players need adjustment time for the pace of English footbal [Drogba/Edebayor/Ronaldo/Van Persie all took 12 months to adjust].................they may need to learn the language................move to a foreign country with all the problems that has - these are human beings after all and can suffer home sickness like anyone else - big wages dont stop that happening.......

IMO its better to sign players who are already Prem players than gamble on overseas players although they can work too obviously.....this is why i think Vinny and De Jong are really going to excell next season as theyve now bedded in...............

Just my thoughts anyway.........................

terry-benchod said:
somervillain said:
OH the irony!And since when did campaigning for animal rights become racist?Care to enlighten me?

I believe this staement requires that "what the fuck?" face.

Campaigning for animal rights is not racist. But singling out a culture in the manner you did is definitely racist. Try rewording it, and not discriminating anyone.

Citizen of Ottawa said:
terry-benchod said:

Campaigning for animal rights is not racist. But singling out a culture in the manner you did is definitely racist. Try rewording it, and not discriminating anyone.

ffs,any excuse 2 call somone a racist,its people like you that cause the problems

Whilst I don't think we have done it so far, the OP does potentially have a point as far as future spending goes. It is something that Garry et al must be mindful of.

On a side not, whilst a fairly stupid comment it probably isn't racist...

superblue91 said:
Citizen of Ottawa said:

ffs,any excuse 2 call somone a racist,its people like you that cause the problems

You should have said Koreans instead of Chinese ;) the Koreans DO eat dogs, i've seen them in cages at the local markets out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.