Stop Spending!!

cmr99289.jpg

Can't beat a good mixed grill!

First let me address the eating culture here. I was chatting to one of my students a week or so ago after a delicious meal the night before. I had eaten various things some of which we were able to identify and others we could not. I was trying to establish what some of the unidentified things were when he came out with a lovely Chinese saying along the lines of " if it moves on the ground and you cannot eat it it must be a train".

Of the identifiable foods so far I've eaten dog, rat, hamster and something described as having the body of a rabbit and the face of a mouse. All in 5 star restaurants with exquisite service.

To discriminate against a race because you don't like what they eat may well be racist but it is certainly stupid.

As for the spending debate well I think we need to think on many levels about what effect our money will have for us and the other teams both in the short and long term. In the short term we need to get into Europe and to do that we need to be stronger than most of the other teams in the prem. By re-capitalising some of those teams we may be shooting ourselves in the foot.

But please don't get me wrong. I'm loving the spending and hope we get Terry and Lescott. I'm just a bit cautious that’s all.

the op has a point and some of the responses to it have been laughable. I said a couple of weeks ago that giving chelsea 40 million to spend is stupid. And when some come up with crap like arsenal wont be able to find any decent replacements is stupid, i mean wenger never buys decent players on the cheap does he?(he could probably get two shit hot players for that £25 mill). To state that managers like wenger, ancelotti cant recruit decent players is the biggest load of bollocks i have heard.

Its understandable that we want proven premier league players but giving our rivals shed loads of money isnt ideal, i think that was his point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.