"Stop the Boats"

Many people overestimate their own tolerance for people of different races and cultural backgrounds. Many people think they enjoy diversity, but when they walk on the street and hear passersby speaking a foreign language they don't understand, they start to feel angry. That's why I don't think immigration is a good idea. Locals feel uncomfortable, and immigrants themselves also feel uncomfortable.
For God's sake never walk down Bury New Road on a Saturday morning when all the Hassidim are on their way to shul in their distinctive costumes. Your heart will never stand the shock.

Mind you, they are quite new arrivals. Only been here since the 19th Century.

By the way, how do you think the native Welsh speakers in North Wales feel? Fucking English speakers cluttering their streets who don't know a word of Welsh. People who never go near an Eisteddfod. Should the English be banned from North Wales?

882 people crossed the English Channel on Tuesday, which is the highest number on a single day so far this year.

The Home Office said 15 boats were detected, suggesting an average of about 59 people per boat.

Having 15 boats cross in a single day has only happened twice in the past year - the last occurrence being in September last year.

The number of arrivals by small boats in 2024 now stands at a provisional total of 12,313, which is 18% higher than the total at the equivalent point last year, when it was 10,472.

882 people crossed the English Channel on Tuesday, which is the highest number on a single day so far this year.

The Home Office said 15 boats were detected, suggesting an average of about 59 people per boat.

Having 15 boats cross in a single day has only happened twice in the past year - the last occurrence being in September last year.

The number of arrivals by small boats in 2024 now stands at a provisional total of 12,313, which is 18% higher than the total at the equivalent point last year, when it was 10,472.
Thanks for the info.
882= ? Where are we putting them? Soon they will bring their relatives and have kids, cost ? ( a hell of a lot) and that is just one day!!

I get stick on here for my views, but saying that I don’t blame trying to make a better life, I would do the same in their position! We just have too many goody goodies ( who will not have them stay with them) we the tax payer will pick up the bills.

Thanks for the info.
882= ? Where are we putting them? Soon they will bring their relatives and have kids, cost ? ( a hell of a lot) and that is just one day!!

I get stick on here for my views, but saying that I don’t blame trying to make a better life, I would do the same in their position! We just have too many goody goodies ( who will not have them stay with them) we the tax payer will pick up the bills.

giphy.gif

Need new bait.

Thanks for the info.

Next thing you know they'll be prime minister.

Where are we putting the (roughly) 600,000 people who have arrived (with visas)? In truth, it's more like a million, but you have to net off the people who have emigrated.

I have good news, in truth. There are not likely, over the next few years, to be thousands and thousands of government-approved refugees from Hong Kong and Ukraine. So at a guess, Labour will easily cut immigration from current levels without actually changing anything.

The elephant in the room is that the average age in this country is rising. There will, over the next few years, be a big bulge in OAP numbers, drawing a state pension and at the end of their lives many will need their behinds wiped and other (expensive) care.

This will have to be managed and financed, and the burden will fall on a smaller cohort of working people. Now you either bring in young people to help with this (and pay taxes) or you put up taxes for those already here (quite substantially) and put the state pension back to at least 70 and quite possibly 75.

This is the reality that no one wants to talk about, as it's too awkward. Voluntary euthanasia would help, but lots of people oppose that too.

Eventually, in about 15-20 years the bulge in OAP numbers will start to fade away, and it will be possible to look at the matter again. Chances are, I won't be around to see this.

Where are we putting the (roughly) 600,000 people who have arrived (with visas)? In truth, it's more like a million, but you have to net off the people who have emigrated.

I have good news, in truth. There are not likely, over the next few years, to be thousands and thousands of government-approved refugees from Hong Kong and Ukraine. So at a guess, Labour will easily cut immigration from current levels without actually changing anything.

The elephant in the room is that the average age in this country is rising. There will, over the next few years, be a big bulge in OAP numbers, drawing a state pension and at the end of their lives many will need their behinds wiped and other (expensive) care.

This will have to be managed and financed, and the burden will fall on a smaller cohort of working people. Now you either bring in young people to help with this (and pay taxes) or you put up taxes for those already here (quite substantially) and put the state pension back to at least 70 and quite possibly 75.

This is the reality that no one wants to talk about, as it's too awkward. Voluntary euthanasia would help, but lots of people oppose that too.

Eventually, in about 15-20 years the bulge in OAP numbers will start to fade away, and it will be possible to look at the matter again. Chances are, I won't be around to see this.

No one wants to talk about the growing elderly population and how are we gonna find people to wipe their arses, serve us a cappuccino and pick us a strawberry?

Really?

Where have you been? Outer Mongolia?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.