"Stop the Boats"

Not following this one @salfordbluetrue

- Not enough people to fill the vacancies across the country

- Not enough tax contributors to fund the aging population - stop all immigration?

What am I missing - seems a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy to me (and I'm no great political mind)..........
What none of our politicians seem to be honest about is that there are two sides to the coin. We desperately need immigrants for the reasons you mention, but a population increase of course stretches public services and housing thinner. The NHS is a great example of this dichotomy - immigrant populations add to the stress on the NHS, but without immigrant workers we would not have an NHS.
Perhaps it's a government planning and infrastructure problem rather than an immigrant problem? - we need to build more schools, houses and hospitals and raise tax on the wealthiest people and corporations to do so. Maybe it's just easier for Starmer and sunak to passively let immigrants become farages scapegoats rather than tax their wealthy cronies.

I don't know. Rarely hear people speak other languages. They all speak mandarin.

What about the 15 to 20% who don't?

If they speak Turkic or Mongolian languages do they get sent off to a re-education camp?

Why did you learn English and start posting on English language forum if foreign languages unsettle you so much?

What about the 15 to 20% who don't?

If they speak Turkic or Mongolian languages do they get sent off to a re-education camp?

Why did you learn English and start posting on English language forum if foreign languages unsettle you so much?
re-education camp again?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.