stop the chant

I don't dismiss them - It depends how much they care

For me its not about singing and clapping at a match its how much you care - What does it mean to win / lose

There are people that cant afford to go / cant get there but it still rips them to bits until Wednesday afternoon if we lose......you can see it in peoples faces and if you ask a few questions dependent on their answer you can quickly gauge how much they care.

I speak to Blues all the time that don't go, and when we lose they just shrug their shoulders and get over it but still tell anyone that listens they are a City fan.....

Is it because Oasis made it fashionable I wonder? Is it just because they want to feel more 'Manc' ?

I don't know

Maybe its me being weird to be honest but if we win / lose it seriously affects my life. It drives my Mrs nuts because everything I do socially depends on what the Blues do

Someone can invite me to an engagement do and I will repy "The 4th? of Feb? sorry mate, its Birmingham at home, cant do it"

Am I on my own here?

Am I fucking strange?

It isnt even like City is the only thing I have in my life, I just choose to make it the one of the most important

Its a sickness

colinbellsboots said:
Fanny Fart said:
When i opened this thread up i thougt it would be about the Adebayor 'dad washes elephants' chant, which seems to get sung by loads of opposition fans that come to eastlands.

Instead of bickering between ourselves why dont we do something about a racist chant directed at one of our own??
some thin like ADEBAYOR, OH ADEBAYOR, YOUR A LEGEND YOUR ADEBAYOR.

Think you missed the point mate, cant see opposition fans singing that!

agree to an extent we shouldnt do it to other clubs but then again do other fans give a shit about us when they're singing 'where were you when you was shit' and 'your not famous any more' when we went down, no is the answer.
where the rags are concerened we can be as arrogant as we want towards them bastards as they have been towards us over the years.

Sticks and stones may break their bones.....but..

buying their club and burning it down would really hurt em'.. :)

PaulPowerShower said:

For me its not about singing and clapping at a match its how much you care - What does it mean to win / lose

There are people that cant afford to go / cant get there but it still rips them to bits until Wednesday afternoon if we lose......you can see it in peoples faces and if you ask a few questions dependent on their answer you can quickly gauge how much they care.

I speak to Blues all the time that don't go, and when we lose they just shrug their shoulders and get over it but still tell anyone that listens they are a City fan.....

Is it because Oasis made it fashionable I wonder? Is it just because they want to feel more 'Manc' ?

I don't know

Maybe its me being weird to be honest but if we win / lose it seriously affects my life. It drives my Mrs nuts because everything I do socially depends on what the Blues do

Someone can invite me to an engagement do and I will repy "The 4th? of Feb? sorry mate, its Birmingham at home, cant do it"

Am I on my own here?

Am I fucking strange?

It isnt even like City is the only thing I have in my life, I just choose to make it the one of the most important

Its a sickness

nope, you're not on your own....i check the fixtures list before i make any family arrangements...as an example my missus invited both our families over on boxing day for a bit of a get together....unfortunately, i was at the match ;p

PaulPowerShower said:

I don't know

Am I on my own here?

Am I fucking strange?

Its a sickness

its the same for fans across the world mate, wetherr you support city, southend or sao paulo.
thats the beauty of football

i have said it before, and i will say it again. if so many people dont like the chant then it would fade and die, then no-one would sing it. if it keeps up and the majority sing, then im afraid those who dont like it are a minority vote and should shut up whining about it.
to be honest its not a personal dig at anyone, just shits and giggles.
you reckon mourinio (sp) got the hump when we sang about his coat from matalan or was that just banter.
did al fayed get upset when we sang 'hes fat, hes round, hes gonna sell your ground'
we have been giving the rags stick about the glazers and being skint a lot longer than wehave been minted. and thats a scientific fact.
at the risk of sounding pompous and arrogant, i couldn't give a toss what other fans/clubs think of us, cos im only arsed about city.
millwall sing 'no one likes us, we don't care'. thats the attitude to have if you ask me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.