Stop the f***ing moaning

Jontyh68 said:
Not every team can get off to a flier every season. Clearly we would have hoped for a repeat of last year, but, this time round, we're stuttering.
Silva is yet to find form; Kun got injured in the first game; we've got 3 new defensive players to bed in (who only joined at the end of August) and Richards is still out. Barry's only just come back and NDJ has gone altogether.
No real surprise we aren't firing on all cylinders defensively then, and that's giving the rest of the team jitters.

However, to borrow a boxing metaphor, whilst we've been on the ropes a few times we haven't been knocked out or taken apart. Only the mighty Real Madrid has beaten us, at their place, and was mighty relieved to do so too.

What of our main rivals? Chelsea are top, but they've beaten Wigan, Reading and Newcastle, Stoke (at home) narrowly and drew against QPR. Nothing that screams "Champions" there, and if Torres gets injured they'll struggle up front.
United have looked awful, but have had the usual luck with dodgy refereeing, and without Scholes their midfield looks shite.
Arsenal look ok, but Gervinho can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and, in any case, they'll choke when the pressure's on even if they can stay with the pace.
From what I've seen, Everton have made the best start of any team, but it's hard to see they'll have the depth of squad to keep it up.

So, quality will win the day in the end methinks. We have the best squad in the league, and a world-class spine (of Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Tevez and Aguero) which will start proving why it can be described as such before too long.
It's not a sprint, folks..

BRAVO well said that man.

de niro said:
Stoned Rose said:
supercrystal7 said:
First of all I would change the third category from average to good Premiership players. No senior player in your squad with the possible exception of Sinclair is average. They would virtually all be starters in a top 10 Premiership team.

Agree with your adjustments except you should demote Hart and promote Silva as well. Balotelli would get into the very good players too. Basically your strength over your rivals in the league is the number of world class players you have compared to them. Your weakness is your lack of players in the second category.

Comparison with United

World Class Players: RVP, Vidic, Rooney
Very good players: Nani, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Hernandez, Valencia, Scholes, Smalling, Rafael, Kagawa, De Gea, Young(?),
Good players: Welbeck, Jones, Cleverly, Anderson, Giggs, Fletcher, Evans

Consequently you rely on your world class players much more your rivals rely on anyone player. When they are off form as they are now it effects your team much more. If they play well then you probably beat your rivals home and away.

Ultimately last year the deciding factor in the league was your best team, being much better than United and just outclasing them. Against the other 18 teams United did get 6 more points and had a better goal difference.

I know I've asked this before Crystal but dont you have anything else to do than continuosly post on another club's forum? Dont Palace have a forum? Not being critical I just find it wierd.

would you?
i mean why post if there is nobody there to read it :)
I regularly post on a Palace forum, but all the discussion is purely related to Palace. I also enjoy and watch lots of other teams.
Manchester City are a bigger club than Palace and champions of England. There forum is going to be much busier and have a lot more people than a Palace one. Not to mention the greater discussion on different teams. You have a thread for every premiership weak, every champions league week, la liga, madrid matches etc. So a lot more to talk about.

Secondly I consider myself quite a passionate follower of Palace, but due to money constraints, in the last few years have only got to Selhurst around 10-15 times a season. If we have a good cup run/close to relegation/close to promotion will probably push the budget to around 20.

Now if I am not at the ground, the best I am going to get is the goals or if I am very lucky radio commentary. Everything else will be based on second hand reports. So out of the 50-555 games we play this season, I will most likely see about 15.

Now I am going to watch(or at least a good 60 mins) say 40 games a season of the top teams ie Madrid, Chelsea, City, United. Watching a game on tv is not as good as watching it live, but there is a HUGE difference between watching 15 games and 40 odd. I am much more independent information about how the top teams are playing than Palace. Seen Palace play 3 times this season and goals for all the other games. In comparison I have even seen 6 Liverpool matches this season, not to mention longer MOTD highlights etc for the rest of their games.

Jontyh68 said:
Not every team can get off to a flier every season. Clearly we would have hoped for a repeat of last year, but, this time round, we're stuttering.
Silva is yet to find form; Kun got injured in the first game; we've got 3 new defensive players to bed in (who only joined at the end of August) and Richards is still out. Barry's only just come back and NDJ has gone altogether.
No real surprise we aren't firing on all cylinders defensively then, and that's giving the rest of the team jitters.

However, to borrow a boxing metaphor, whilst we've been on the ropes a few times we haven't been knocked out or taken apart. Only the mighty Real Madrid has beaten us, at their place, and was mighty relieved to do so too.

What of our main rivals? Chelsea are top, but they've beaten Wigan, Reading and Newcastle, Stoke (at home) narrowly and drew against QPR. Nothing that screams "Champions" there, and if Torres gets injured they'll struggle up front.
United have looked awful, but have had the usual luck with dodgy refereeing, and without Scholes their midfield looks shite.
Arsenal look ok, but Gervinho can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and, in any case, they'll choke when the pressure's on even if they can stay with the pace.
From what I've seen, Everton have made the best start of any team, but it's hard to see they'll have the depth of squad to keep it up.

So, quality will win the day in the end methinks. We have the best squad in the league, and a world-class spine (of Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Tevez and Aguero) which will start proving why it can be described as such before too long.
It's not a sprint, folks..
after only 10 posts.......you sir have just blown all the doom merchants and regular posters out of the water.......great post.
its nice to read a post from someone who knows about football.

hate drawing comparisons but united have usually been shit for almost the whole first HALF of a season, season after season, and still done alright, albeit with the help of referees, we still haven't lost, Liverpool, Real and Arsenal are not push overs

we've always moaned, do we moan more now we are champs? nah. its called frustration, and tbh through the decades ive been city, ive moaned more in the past. i said to work colleague other day, we may be playing shit, but all i have to do is think back to oct 23th, and all the pain goes away

RM should get back to playing what servered us so well last season which was 4-2-3-1. The sooner we get back to this formation the better, it will be for both the defence and the attack.

Even though we played with 2 holding midfielders last season it still enabled us to counter attack with speed, which we don't seem to be doing now even though we have 2 attackers on the field. The midfield has know idea of what it is supposed to be doing, and at times we are being over run in middle of the park.

Miss City said:
chicagoblues said:
Look at yourself ???
You are fucking moaning about world class players and a world class TEAM

It's the "Mancini Out" posts which irk me. After a DRAW, not even a loss.

Our fans are spoilt already it seems. Unfortunately this is what happens when money comes into a club, just look at Chelsea at their part time supporters who were supporting Millwall and West Ham before Roman came along.

(I've supported City since 1990 by the way)

Miss City said:
chicagoblues said:
Look at yourself ???
You are fucking moaning about world class players and a world class TEAM

It's the "Mancini Out" posts which irk me. After a DRAW, not even a loss.

Our fans are spoilt already it seems. Unfortunately this is what happens when money comes into a club, just look at Chelsea at their part time supporters who were supporting Millwall and West Ham before Roman came along.

(I've supported City since the takeover by the way)

Hmmmmm.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.