Stop the world I wish to get off

Fucking ridiculous. What‘s so bad about accepting, understanding and celebrating difference, including gender?

The way things are going people won’t have titles soon, no more Mr or Mrs, just in case some daft **** is offended.
I find it strange that the toy industry pick this battle, when if you ever go in a toy shop gender difference is still made very clear by the vast ammount of stuff in that horrible shade of pink that doesn't occur in nature that's aimed at girls.

I'm convinced marketing department realised around 3 years ago that they can get loads of free publicity by doing shit like this.

Which is a step up from about ten years ago when the tactic was to say something a bit racist, and 15 years ago when the tactic was to 'leak' a sex tape. And no-one wants to see a Mr. Potato Head sex tape.
end of thread.

They did, the story is entirely fabricated, they just dropped the "Mr" because they also make "Mrs" potato head.

That's not going to stop a bunch of angry 50 year old men from shouting to each other about how the world has gone to pot, though, is it?

What they did was say it was being rebranded so it is reimagined for the modern consumer. Then they said they were dropping Mr from the brand to promote gender equality and inclusion. They were Hasbro quotes.

Then later they said Mr and Mrs Potato were still going to be produced alongside 'potato head', where you can mix and match each potato as you please.

So basically backing down after the backlash.

And yes, I just spoke at length about plastic potato toys.

Surely Mrs Potato Head is yet another example of the patriarchy implying that a women is only of value if she marries a man. What about a Ms Potato Head or making it clear on the box that they could also be called Mrs due to a same sex marriage?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.