Stopped Smoking

To the op and all others trying to quit, bloody well done.
You may getting a little fatter but so will your bank balance. You could put your cig money in a tin and use the money to follow city all over Europe which we will be doing for many years.
You'll also live longer to enjoy our success :)

keep it up.

Kep it up mate, I am 11 months down the line and rarely think about a fag these days. Dont be afraid to get patches to help if you are really going insane, I used patches and took one of those puffers to the match or when I went for a pint. I had cancer 10 yrs ago and STILL carried on fagging it, what a prick some people might say and you know what........ I couldnt agree with you more, a bleedin mugs game that nearly widowed my wife and left Dan & Maria without their miserable old dad.

-- Sun May 09, 2010 10:30 am --

Sorry! Just realised I was on a Nelson with my posts, not that I'm supersticious. ( crap that didnt work )

Currently on Champix.....

My quit day is tomorrow and I am NOT looking forward to it. Even though the tablets make me feel sick for a short while if I smoke its not bad enough to make me stop I dont think!!!!!

More than 3 years since I quit. I regret every cigarette I ever smoked. It's a fucking stupid thing to do. Giving up is the only option for people who are not stupid or deluded.

Manci7y said:
Currently on Champix.....

My quit day is tomorrow and I am NOT looking forward to it. Even though the tablets make me feel sick for a short while if I smoke its not bad enough to make me stop I dont think!!!!!

I'm 39 days without a cig on a course of Champix.
I had a horrendous two weeks at the start, insomnia, the runs, vomiting, flu symptoms & mad dreams (in HD).
TBH I found the stop day not so bad, having a cig (before my stop day) just made me feel ill and didn't really do anything for me. I reckon this is due to your nicotine receptors being masked. I was on 20 cigs a day for the past 30 years and I feel great for the first time in a long while. I do still think about smoking, I can smell someone light up at 100 yrds!
To turn me off the cigs I ve been putting £6 a day in a jar which now has £234 in it! Its a great feeling to see the £££'s piling up which will pay for the pre season tour in NYC.
Start putting the cash away and don't touch it until you can buy yourself a big treat! (Next years season ticket?)
Also get yourself an interest, something to do instead of smoking, I'm currently trying to get my lungs back by honking on a Saxophone, (much to the annoyance of family and the neighbours!) I'll have proper lessons after our holiday!
My teeth are whiter, my clothes don't stink and my car doesn't smell like an ashtray!
It does get easier, stick with it!

I think one of the main reasons it’s so hard to quit smoking is because all the benefits of quitting and all the dangers of continuing seem very far away. Well, here’s a little timeline about some of the more immediate effects of quitting smoking and how that will affect your body RIGHT NOW.
In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal.
In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.
In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.
In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.
In 2 weeks your circulation will increase, and it will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks.
In three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%.
In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have dropped by half.
In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.

I tried it once and managed to give up for about 18 months.

Worse thing I ever did was thinking "oh, just one won't hurt."

I am going to try again and give up this week. The last post (with the stats on how quick your body starts to recover) just made my mind up.

Jeez ,all this fucking Drama ,why do any of you mugs start in the first place ?

lts so obvious its one of the worst ' Life decisions' you can ever make .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.