Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

I was at Typhoon lagoon in Disney World in 2004 with my wife and kids when I spotted walking over a bridge, about 200 yards away, a red and black City away shirt. As the lad got nearer I thought I know that lad, I was right he was a bloke called Trevor, that worked at the Town Hall in the architectural department. All very surreal. On the same holiday we went on a trip to the everglades and got talking to a family on the bus coming home who were all blues. They told me that City had just signed Danny Mills, it didn't spoil our chat as we didn't know how crap he'd turn out to be.

I was at Typhoon lagoon in Disney World in 2004 with my wife and kids when I spotted walking over a bridge, about 200 yards away, a red and black City away shirt. As the lad got nearer I thought I know that lad, I was right he was a bloke called Trevor, that worked at the Town Hall in the architectural department. All very surreal. On the same holiday we went on a trip to the everglades and got talking to a family on the bus coming home who were all blues. They told me that City had just signed Danny Mills, it didn't spoil our chat as we didn't know how crap he'd turn out to be.
How fortunate it is to be able to see 200 yards. Me? about 15 feet.

From February to July 2002, I was in Pau, Southwest France, as part of my degree course. I’d spent the previous five months in Potsdam.

One of the bar staff at the pub I used to frequent was a Blue called Dan, and we’d often talk City.

After I’d been there a couple of months, a lad, whom I’d never seen before was in there, when I arrived. We started chatting, and he told me that he was in the army. It turned out not only was he also a City supporter, he had a season ticket in the same row of BB as me in the Kippax, about ten seats along.

Not that weird but before the takeover I was checking out in a grocery store in Pennsylvania while wearing a City had and the guy in front of me was wearing one too. Since the takeover it's still rare to see somebody in City gear but before it that was the only time.

I sat down in a bar in Turkey to watch the City v Wigan cup final and got talking to a couple about City. After a while they asked me if I ever came on this forum, when I said I did, they told me that they were Rics mum and dad.

Not too unusual a place but I spotted a City fan at a hotel we were staying at in the Costa del Sol. Got chatting and he had the same first name as me, and his wife had the same name as my missus, and they lived about a mile or two from us.

Not too unusual a place but I spotted a City fan at a hotel we were staying at in the Costa del Sol. Got chatting and he had the same first name as me, and his wife had the same name as my missus, and they lived about a mile or two from us.
Ye weren't half pissed by any chance and just talking to yourselves in a mirror.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.