Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

About 10 years ago I was on holiday staying at the Frangipani hotel in Langkawi, I was going for breakfast wearing my City t shirt when I was stopped by a guy who was asking my thoughts on the takeover.
Never saw him again and didn't get his name, would be good if he posted on here and remembers that meeting. I always wondered who it was.

Long ago was on a primary school trip (1998?) in my electric blue Kappa shirt and a bloke stopped me to say "cmon City". Don't know what was weirder, a child being stopped by a fully grown man or the fact he was Welsh...

One of the waiters in a bar in Olu Deniz walks round wearing a City top..he knows all about the team and players..spotted me wearing my City top and shouted me over.. he said we are getting very popular over in Turkey

Bit of a random one was in the Banana bar in Amsterdam about 15 years ago on a stag and got chatting to some guy who turned out to be a City fan from Salford of all places. He stayed with us and we all got hammered we lost him in the end he was top guy.

3 years ago was on a magnet training course in the factory where they make Philips MRI scanners in Latham in the US. We had a tour of the factory on one of the days to see the process in building the scanners. On the shop floor there was a guy with a City shirt on, we got chatting & he’d followed City from afar for years.

Met a Blue on the observation platform on top of the Empire State Building, prior to us moving over here, on Valentine's day in 1998 (a surprise and special treat for the missus) in fkin February it was as cold as it gets up there!!. I had my old Kappa Jacket on (which i loved and still have to this day, even though i can't fasten the zip anymore, gawd knows how it shrunk..... !) and a City ski hat. Said blue came up to me and whispered for some reason, although he may have been developing frostbite, "Have you any match updates mate" we were playing Bury I said, "Mate, i am up here with you, so not a fkin scooby" and he replied "OK, Mate have a good un" i never saw him again.... Needless to say, we got beat that day!

Not City related, but I was in Shanghai many years ago on business for 3 weeks and was recommended to go to a bar called "Big Bamboo" to watch the footie. I seem to remember KO was around 11pm local time, so by the time i found the place I was a wee bit worse for wear. Having had to visit numerous pubs on-route to ask for directions to said 'Big Bamboo'.
I got a seat at the bar and a bruiser said to me "Alright Mate, you City fans are decent lads, not like that that red shite across town" Needless to say, me and the Birmingham City fan, became instant drinking buddies and spent the whole night chatting about footie, Manchester and the Midlands, where i lived for 10 years!.
I left after 3am and had pretty much drank myself sober, arranging to meet up with said Brummie Lad the next night at another bar, which I have course forgot the name of....I went back in the 'Big Bamboo' a few times after that but never bumped into him again... shame really!

3 years ago was on a magnet training course in the factory where they make Philips MRI scanners in Latham in the US. We had a tour of the factory on one of the days to see the process in building the scanners. On the shop floor there was a guy with a City shirt on, we got chatting & he’d followed City from afar for years.
Must have been hard to pull away from that encounter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.