Strange Boozers you have been in

The Gay Gordon on the hill In Langley, basically you buy anything in there on a Friday night, if you wanted a gun, 300 E's, or a horses head you could get it within ten mins of asking, very strange people indeed

Can't remember the name but it was near Hartshead Pike,on a farm near Mossley.
The "bar" was there living room and you sat with the old man who ran it on the settee,a definite eye opener for my Aussie missus.
Boozer in Dingle in Ireland which was half shoe repairers and half pub.

Some of the more well travelled of you may recognise this place ;-)

oit6a8.jpg

Debauchery :-)

mat said:
I liked the John O'Groat in Lancaster, right down to the oliver reed headrests in the toilets.

Great pub. We used to go in there every Thursday. The food was as if your mum had cooked it.

johnny on the spot said:
mat said:
I liked the John O'Groat in Lancaster, right down to the oliver reed headrests in the toilets.

Great pub. We used to go in there every Thursday. The food was as if your mum had cooked it.
Did Not know the food was that bad

johnny on the spot said:
mat said:

You've never tasted my mum's cooking! One of the strangest places I've been in was the old Coach & Horses just off Aytoun St by MMU. It was demolished to make way for the Metrolink but it was a place that didn't go a lot on decoration to put it mildly. However they did serve a corking pint of Tetley's. Was in there one night and some real ale types came in. One commented that his pint looked a bit cloudy so the landlord threw him out!

Another place from those days was the Old Garratt on Upper Brook St. The staff were all 60 year old women who I suspect were all retired librarians. If you laughed or talked loudly they rushed round to tell you to shut up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.