Strange decisions by a City manager...

Bluemoon dan said:
wireblue said:
Taking off goater and putting on Spencer fucking prior when we were 0-1 up at ipswich with 10 mins to go. Ended up getting beat 2-1 and it sealed our relegation.
Christ this has opened up a wound.

Didn't Goater get injured in scoring that goal for us and he had to be taken off?

For me Howard Kendall leaving us to go back to Everton was a strange one.

He did - it was the bringing on of prior that completely fucked us up

Wasn't there a cup tie at Blackburn where we conceded an early goal and Pearce still refused to bring on another striker?
In fact IIRC even when Blackburn had a player sent off he still did nothing for about seven or eight minutes even though time was running out.
Much chanting of “You’re not fit to wear the shirt” and “Pearce out” filled the Lancashire air and some animated discussions broke out amongst City fans as those who will never criticise came to blows with those who were willing to express the view that they were fed up of watching shite week after week.
And Mancini spending ages giving instructions to substitutes often when the sub was replacing an injured player so we were down to ten men.
Just thought of another: Keegan trying everybody available to replace the Goat because he couldn't see how good Shaun really was.
But in over 45 years I've seen a lot of strange decisions by managers, chairmen, players and referees.

joe royle subbing kanchelskis when we were drawing a "must win" game with 10 minutes to go to avoid the drop , he was the best player on the pitch by a mile , we ended up losing 2-1 , i can;t remember who we were playing , but i remember in his interview after royle said he made the sub because we were "saving " kanchelskis ?

we went down , what a twat.

Hughes signing tal ben haim for 5m. even though richards an onouha were already better than him.

was it 2 seasons ago when liverpool were smashing us and manchini took milner off ( he was one of the only players who was actually giving a stuff about the game). just before the cup final i think.

changing our formation to 3 at the back i thought was very strange.

Been plenty of them over many years but I remember being angry that the manager played a full strength side I think it was against Wigan a couple days before the west ham fa cup quarter final where dean ashton scored both goals. I think we had a couple of players missing because of that Wigan game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.