Strange/Indirect claims to fame

as a kid, I was an extra in the God-awful soap that was Albion Market. It was billed as being the new Coronation Street, but never really lived up to that. It was filmed in what is now the car-park for the V&A hotel.
My primary school was approached by Granada to provide kids to be extras, and so there would be 5-10 of us when needed, getting the day off school and being paid for it ! We would then get to celeb-spot at lunchtime in the café with Coronation street stars. It was great.

I was also in Sherlock Holmes, as an extra. That was a lot of standing about in the freezing cold, just to walk across the street - it took a full day to get about ten seconds worth of filming done. I don't think I've ever been so cold in my life. On the plus side, I got paid more than for Albion Market, and got days off school with pay, just to go for costume fittings.

honkytonkman187 said:
as a kid, I was an extra in the God-awful soap that was Albion Market. It was billed as being the new Coronation Street, but never really lived up to that. It was filmed in what is now the car-park for the V&A hotel.
My primary school was approached by Granada to provide kids to be extras, and so there would be 5-10 of us when needed, getting the day off school and being paid for it ! We would then get to celeb-spot at lunchtime in the café with Coronation street stars. It was great.

I was also in Sherlock Holmes, as an extra. That was a lot of standing about in the freezing cold, just to walk across the street - it took a full day to get about ten seconds worth of filming done. I don't think I've ever been so cold in my life. On the plus side, I got paid more than for Albion Market, and got days off school with pay, just to go for costume fittings.
My niece used to be on the opening credits on Albion Market, you must have gone to the same school.
Maybe not, Ive just realised you said primary school...she was at secondary school at the time.

-dabz- said:
honkytonkman187 said:

My niece used to be on the opening credits on Albion Market, you must have gone to the same school.
Maybe not, Ive just realised you said primary school...she was at secondary school at the time.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9tfZALaiY4[/youtube]

I went to Medlock - opposite the Apollo. I don't know which school they used for older kids.

honkytonkman187 said:
-dabz- said:
honkytonkman187 said:

I went to Medlock - opposite the Apollo. I don't know which school they used for older kids.
I think it's the place near town with a womens name, Ellen Wilkinson is it? I dunno.

-dabz- said:
honkytonkman187 said:
-dabz- said:

I think it's the place near town with a womens name, Ellen Wilkinson is it? I dunno.

Probably right - Ellen Wilkinson was formerly Nicholls, and less than half a mile up Hyde Road from Medlock. Would stand to reason that they would get kids from schools close by.

Albion Market was garbage - absolute dross. There are a few clips on Youtube. It makes Crossroads look good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.