Streamer & Ticker tape It was all down to you the fans.

Re: Streamer & Ticker tape for the Derby, EL 2 + 3 where from?

How could we make this happen in its full entirity? Like the Argentina fans as mentioned above.

Maybe a more realistic target would be one side and some of the corners... Organise suppliers, lay them out on seats with a note on when to throw? Would need to get the clubs permission id presume but it would be amazing

The tickertape idea will end up like the ballon idea a complete disaster,it will take the stewards ages to clear the pitch & will kill the atmosphere.
The banner/flags scarfs are all we need plus of course getting behind the shirt with noise.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
I posted on here ' planning for the Derby' a couple of weeks ago, and requested we sort something out instead of leaving it until the last week.

There were some great ideas referance Banners etc that could go at the North Stand end and hopefully some of these will appear.

My idea was the streamers and ticker tape welcome from all areas but mainly the East Level 2 and 3 and the same from the CB stand, to give the players a fantastic welcome on to the pitch.

There seem to be loads of interest from people on this site so with that in mind I would like to start this Thread by saying I have now bought 10 Pale Blue steamers, they are 81 foot long, I will be cutting them down to 40 foot and I will need 5 my self but the other 35 I will be handing out to fans around me.

I will be sat in 308 EL 3 and once in the ground will be asking fans around that area if they will throw one from the 3rd tier.

If anyone else is up for this and are will to post on here what block you are going to do it from we can get an idea of how many people are going to get involved.

I know some will think its a daft idea and some will think its great and will add to the occasion.

so 40 will be raining down from EL 3 308

Where else will they be coming from?

Im unfouranetly in 304 so yh i can help with this.

These are the streamers, 81 ft long and cost 99p.
streamers-blue_lg.jpg

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/product_detail_std.asp?src=gbase&ProductID=STRECBLU
streamers-white_lg.jpg

adammck said:
How could we make this happen in its full entirity? Like the Argentina fans as mentioned above.

Maybe a more realistic target would be one side and some of the corners... Organise suppliers, lay them out on seats with a note on when to throw? Would need to get the clubs permission id presume but it would be amazing
E-Mail I have posted to MCFC this afternoon.Dear Sir/Madam.

I am writing on behalf of a number of supporters who post ideas on the 'BlueMoon' website, as you may be aware this is a site we use to arrange a varied approach to different games as well as chatting all things City.
One of the ideas we have been chatting about recently is how we can make the 'welcome' to the players onto the pitch for the 'Derby' on the 17th April something special.

One idea we have come up with, is to have a Blue & White ticker tape / streamer welcome for the teams as they come out, we have said the sight of 1000's of streamers coming down from level 2 & 3 would look amazing.
After the efforts of the club v Arsenal and the semi final v Utd many thought it would be excellent for us the fans to come up with an idea that the club may be interested in taking forward.
Could I please ask if you could speak to who every is responsible for arranging the many events etc at the club if there is a chance that the club could help arrange something along these lines.

How the club have put flags on seats etc, we could possibly have streamers or ticker tapes placed on the seats or every other seat.

I know the club must get 100's of requests every week but after the success of what the club arranged on the other occasions we believe this would be a fantastic welcome to our team.
I am sure if this was possible the 'site' could arrange for enough people to lay them on the chairs the day before.

I have already bought some for the day and I know others plan to, but to get the proper effect I think we need the help of the club for something on this scale.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Nick<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:38 pm --<br /><br />
bluemanc said:
The tickertape idea will end up like the ballon idea a complete disaster,it will take the stewards ages to clear the pitch & will kill the atmosphere.
The banner/flags scarfs are all we need plus of course getting behind the shirt with noise.
I understand your comments mate but if they were to come down from L 2&3 most wouldn't land on pitch but I am sure the club could find enough volunteers on the day to make it work.
I went to the World cup in 82 and 94 when it was done and the pitch was cleared in a matter of mins.
The scarfs 2 seasons ago durring the singing of 'Bluemoon' was amazing but didn't happen at the last 2 derbies so lets try something different.

bluemanc said:

How did it kill the atmopshere last time? I wasnt in attendance.

I think banners/flags are great aswell but i think the more colour the better. It would also prob get the players abit more pumped up aswell and intimidate the scum.

We just need to keep coming up with creative ways to show our support and make it special for both the fans and the players. But i do understand if it would effect the start up or delay it or something. However if we keep the communication lines clear with the club we could work something out possibly.

Couldn't agree more. Can see it all now. Pitch covered in paper, rags calling it a council tip instead of the council house and it blowing all over the place throughout the game looking like Longsight Market on a Saturday night.

If you want to improve the atmosphere try getting people to sing instead like they do at other grounds. The fact you want to do something like this to get the atmosphere up epitomises everything that is wrong in terms of fans getting behind the team. Try singing for more than the first five seconds of the game instead.

bluemanc said:

Roger Ringpiece said:
Couldn't agree more. Can see it all now. Pitch covered in paper, rags calling it a council tip instead of the council house and it blowing all over the place throughout the game looking like Longsight Market on a Saturday night.

If you want to improve the atmosphere try getting people to sing instead like they do at other grounds. The fact you want to do something like this to get the atmosphere up epitomises everything that is wrong in terms of fans getting behind the team. Try singing for more than the first five seconds of the game instead.

bluemanc said:

if you really give a fuck what the rags say you really have got a problem, why cant we have the streamers and then get behind the team with many many many city songs, unlike the rags who just sing about us.

FUCK THE RAGS THIS IS OUR CITY

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.