Strike on 30th June

law74 said:
tueartsboots said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
France are brilliant at it, its unbelievable
Greece is having a great go at defaulting itself into hell. Although from what i read the other day the people there are suffering big times and with more cuts to come they are in trouble
IMF is pushing the Greek government to actually tax people who earn a lot of money, novel idea !

Ooooh How absolutely Horrid
One would hope that these people never wish to encourage policies like that here old boy.
Compared to Greece, our million/billionaires get taxed a fucking fortune- Cameron is right to say Greece is getting bugger all bail out from us, we're lax, they're asleep

tueartsboots said:
law74 said:
tueartsboots said:
IMF is pushing the Greek government to actually tax people who earn a lot of money, novel idea !

One would hope that these people never wish to encourage policies like that here old boy.
Compared to Greece, our million/billionaires get taxed a fucking fortune- Cameron is right to say Greece is getting bugger all bail out from us, we're lax, they're asleep

They dont actually tax the high earners so they stay in the country

BoyBlue_1985 said:
tueartsboots said:
law74 said:

Which is what the Greek nationals and IMF are angry about, why should they not pay tax?

tueartsboots said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
tueartsboots said:

Which is what the Greek nationals and IMF are angry about, why should they not pay tax?
I have no idea how they thought it worked, it makes our financial policies seem sound. I cant believe we finally stood our ground with these bailouts although it shows you that we not laid as bear to the debt as say Germany whose banks have 70% of Greeces debt.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
tueartsboots said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I have no idea how they thought it worked, it makes our financial policies seem sound. I cant believe we finally stood our ground with these bailouts although it shows you that we not laid as bear to the debt as say Germany whose banks have 70% of Greeces debt.
I think it has something to with being in the ERM, was in Germanys interest to float them, but, and I may be completely wrong, but Panathinaikos signing Jo may help their predicament ;)
Over to you SWP's Back

A NEW report has highlighted
how middle and low income
workers in the UK have seen
barely an improvement in their
wages over the past 30 years.
But the same data shows
that pay has soared for
traditionally high-earning
occupations, such as solicitors
and doctors, over the same
period.
The TUC paper, The Livelihood
Crisis by Open University
researcher Stewart Lansley, details
the sharp divide between
the likes of medical practitioners
– seeing a 153% hike in
their pay packets – and bakers,
who have had to stomach a
one per cent cut in theirs.
In his conclusion, Mr Lansley
writes: “It is surely now time to
openly acknowledge the failings
of the last 30 years and fashion
more pragmatic and nuanced
policies that recognise that
markets can indeed be powerful
drivers of growth and
wealth, but that without significant
corrective measures, they
consistently fail to provide for
all in a fair and humane way.”
According to TUC general
secretary Brendan Barber, right,
vast sections of the population
have not derived any benefit
from economic growth in the
UK for decades.
He added: "The financial
crash has exposed decades of
limp wage growth offset by
soaring household debt.
"Unless we radically transform
our economy – from
recasting the role of the state
to prioritising a fairer distribution
of new wealth and jobs –
we will simply be storing up
more problems for the future."

BoyBlue_1985 said:
cyberblue said:
This thread wen a bit of course ther eis still a strike on the 30th

Without being funny, there is always a strike over something its always about money and its always the public sector. Fuck the unions they trying to keep this country in the dark ages

Alas, another BMer drowning in blissful ignorance. It was the unions, together with reformers like the Suffragettes and other other enlightened individuals who sweated blood, sweat and tears to get this country out of the dark ages in the first place. Your post embarrasses you.

BTH said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
cyberblue said:
This thread wen a bit of course ther eis still a strike on the 30th

Without being funny, there is always a strike over something its always about money and its always the public sector. Fuck the unions they trying to keep this country in the dark ages

Alas, another BMer drowning in blissful ignorance. It was the unions, together with reformers like the Suffragettes and other other enlightened individuals who sweated blood, sweat and tears to get this country out of the dark ages in the first place. Your post embarrasses you.

I wish people would stop telling me what embarrasses me on BM. Im not embarrassed mate nor would i ever be for having a view which i hold in my own right. I dont follow people i make my judgements myself, yes they conflict with other peoples but in a democratic state i am entitled to freedom of speech

well osborne and alexander are antagonising the fuck out of us so that they can blame their failed economic policies on the unions

I do hope the public and private sectors can unite against their dickish strategies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.