Striker - Plan B

Higuain for me, available for 23m, excellent goal scoring record, would be lethal together with Kun

Luke_mcfc said:
How do people think benteke would do? Just interested in serious opinions on him. I can't make my mind up whether he would push on and become world class or if he wouldn't make the grade if we signed him?

100% would take him.

Luke_mcfc said:
How do people think benteke would do? Just interested in serious opinions on him. I can't make my mind up whether he would push on and become world class or if he wouldn't make the grade if we signed him?
If the price isn't ridiculous, I think he's worth a third spot at this point.

sam-caddick said:
Kompany is King said:
So Napoli say we will not pay buyout clause of £54m for Cavani.

So what happens next?

If we are not going to pursue Cavani now, then who do we go for?

Martinez, Jovetic, Gomez or has Txiki got other options which are a better fit.

I'd go for Martinez from Porto.

Certainly be interesting to see how quickly we move on, or not.

Martinez is too much of a risk if you ask me, if you are to buy a striker from Portugal I would rather se them play in Spain or Italy first.

Look at United's track record in buying star players from Portugal, it's too much of a risk for the money they will demand.

We can't get Gomez if we have Edin in the team, two big center forwards in a possession based team just will not work.

I think we will keep Kun and Edin, Tevez looks to be off, replace him with Jovetic.

Kun, Dzeko, Jovetic and Guidetti.

That's my bet anyway.
What, and then (quite rightly) refuse to pay the absurd release clause that his new club installed in his contract after a cracking season?

Keep all current strikers.
If we sell Tevez, which looks very likely, I say bring in David Villa.

Don't give me the "he's too old" nonsense. Just watch the man play, see how many runs he makes, how many opportunities he creates and how good of a finisher he still is.

He would work very well with our creative players. Would not cost too much in transfer-fee, and his reported too-high wage demands are likely negotiable.
Would love to see him get a real chance here with us, and it would not surprise me one bit if he turned out to be our leading scorer at the end of the season.

If Napoli havent signed dries mertens from PSV,we should pinch him from under their noses,quality player,only 26,Belgian international and a good goal scoring record for PSV,62 apps and 37 goals.maybe Vinny could tap him up....some good clips on YouTube,can't do it from iPad.

This is where our scouts earn their money. Cavani cost Napoli €17 million so it isn't impossible for us to to the same.

Jovetic for me.
Versatile, quick, good shot and pass and for circa 20m a good fee IMO.

We have three out and out strikers in Dzeko, Aguero and Guidetti then have Jovetic as the one able to play in behind or as a winger or a striker himself.

Rumors of a first refusal deal with Fiorentina as well. Perhaps we could give them Rekik on loan or Kolarov.

Rekik would develop there as Savic has and Kolarov can fit eight into there wingback system.,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.