Striker - Plan B

Matt the Giant said:
Keep all current strikers.
If we sell Tevez, which looks very likely, I say bring in David Villa.

Don't give me the "he's too old" nonsense. Just watch the man play, see how many runs he makes, how many opportunities he creates and how good of a finisher he still is.

He would work very well with our creative players. Would not cost too much in transfer-fee, and his reported too-high wage demands are likely negotiable.
Would love to see him get a real chance here with us, and it would not surprise me one bit if he turned out to be our leading scorer at the end of the season.

I have a feeling we will get Villa this Summer.

It's obvious now Neymar has gone he will leave, he will want a CL team and I can only see us or Arsenal going for him, Arsenal have gone for Higuain though

We have an ever increasing Spanish influence so I can see it.

The only other option would be Italy, but Juventus have Llorente, Giovinco, Vucinic and possibly Tevez, Milan have Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Pazzini and they might get Tevez. I can't see him in Naples.

Spurs are in Europa so I can't see them getting him.

If we get Villa and Jovetic that would be good.

Villa would want at least £130,000/week and probably the insurance of a 3-year contract until he is 35. On top of a £10m+ transfer fee. No thanks. Jovetic I wouldn't mind though.

(Tin hat on)

Torres. Suits our style of play, has a great relationship with Navas and Silva, and could be the perfect foil for Aguero. Could possibly get him quite cheap if Chelski end up getting Cavani. If not, go all for Lukaku. That boy's gonna be immense.

We should sign that Brazillian striker - he's looked great at the Confederations cup - really knows where the goal is & shows great awareness.

Think his name's Jo

chestervegasblue said:
(Tin hat on)

Torres. Suits our style of play, has a great relationship with Navas and Silva, and could be the perfect foil for Aguero. Could possibly get him quite cheap if Chelski end up getting Cavani. If not, go all for Lukaku. That boy's gonna be immense.

He would still demand his 170k with us though.

I would not mind Torres though.

I would still take a punt on Torres at the right price, just think him, silva and navas would be a match made in heaven.

I agree with the Agüero-Dzeko-Jovetic-Guidetti line as 4 strikers. I think Guidetti has the talent and he would feel the loves of supporters like he felt it at Feyenoord, he has to get chances to show how good he is.

Playing inexperienced younger players always risky but we have to start to do it instead of just buying proven quality players for the bench as well.

Having Guidetti in the first team with some game time could be a good message to the younger players.

Jovetic is available for about 20-25m pounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.