Striker - Plan B

You realise that Torres didn't score a Premier League goal between December 23rd and May 19th with a creative trio of Mata, Oscar and Hazard behind him?

No to Rooney at any price.

I think Tevez and Dzeko will go. This gives Guidetti the chance to force his way into the squad but he still remains unproven in Premier League. Only one way to find out.

Aguero to stay and not go to Real Madrid, again.

Still like the look of Martinez but take the point of the level of football in Portugal. Our scouting should/will know who is best for us to move forward.

Soldado is a good bet. Hadn't thought of him but I like the idea.

Jovetic I feel would step straight into our setup.

Just a case of getting the right players and the right numbers, only. Wonder what Pellegrini's views are on number of strikers he needs. Maybe this is a question that could be asked when he is unveiled - Monday?

LoveCity said:
You realise that Torres didn't score a Premier League goal between December 23rd and May 19th with a creative trio of Mata, Oscar and Hazard behind him?

And his wages would be similar to Tevez.

I would rather keep Tevez and let him walk on a free than pay to unburden Chelsea of their worst contract.

Kompany is King said:
No to Rooney at any price.

I think Tevez and Dzeko will go. This gives Guidetti the chance to force his way into the squad but he still remains unproven in Premier League. Only one way to find out.

Aguero to stay and not go to Real Madrid, again.

Still like the look of Martinez but take the point of the level of football in Portugal. Our scouting should/will know who is best for us to move forward.

Soldado is a good bet. Hadn't thought of him but I like the idea.

Jovetic I feel would step straight into our setup.

Just a case of getting the right players and the right numbers, only. Wonder what Pellegrini's views are on number of strikers he needs. Maybe this is a question that could be asked when he is unveiled - Monday?

I still think regardless of how many strikers Pellegrini says he requires, 4 strikers is the benchmark for any top 4 side in the Premiership to be fighting on all fronts, that includes The Premier League, The Champions League, Cup and League Cup.

Luke_mcfc said:
How do people think benteke would do? Just interested in serious opinions on him. I can't make my mind up whether he would push on and become world class or if he wouldn't make the grade if we signed him?
I think he'd be class, but he'd be expensive a fuck at this stage. Buying anyone from the Premiership is a rip off.

LoveCity said:
"Torres scored 22 goals last season, more than X, Y and.." in 64 games you muppets.

As you highlighted, Torres had a huge barren period in the league and end up with a grand total of 8 goals in 36 league games.

Prem: 36 games/8 goals. FA Cup: 5 games/1 goal. League Cup: 4 games/2 goals.
Club World Cup: 3 games/2 goals.

He had some success in the Europa League, scoring 9 in 16 games. I pray to God we don't feature in it next season though. And I doubt we will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.