Striker replacement for Tevez?

Tevez keeping Owen Hargreaves out of CL squad, for me I would just get rid with no replacement in Jan but wait till the summer so whole squad can be assessed and re evaluated, sneeking suspicion if that is done our priorities may be again midfield or back four.

Anyone else feel like Ibrahim Afellay would be a great replacement?

Can be used as the pacy winger we need and as 4th striker, pluss his Barca experience would fit perfect into our style of play.

I think he might be injured at the moment, anyone know how serious?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LZ3cWlWpaw[/youtube]

alky313 said:
Would anyone have Anelka back? He's getting up there in years. He'd have company with the likes of Clichy and Nasri. He's been a bit disillusioned by getting picked over. But unless he wants to play midtable or at a lesser league he will have no choice but to sit.

Fair shout, he's out of contract in the summer, bags of experience, probably ok to be 4th choice

metalblue said:
alky313 said:
Would anyone have Anelka back? He's getting up there in years. He'd have company with the likes of Clichy and Nasri. He's been a bit disillusioned by getting picked over. But unless he wants to play midtable or at a lesser league he will have no choice but to sit.

Fair shout, he's out of contract in the summer, bags of experience, probably ok to be 4th choice
He's always been surly, a bit lazy and a complete mercenary IMO. I realise the huge ego's of top strikers in football are hard to keep happy but hasnt he had a record of disciplinary problems and a longstanding nickname as "Le Sulk". There's little doubt he has talent but personally I would favour another option. I think we should build on the "happy and busy" team ethos exempified by Aguero and Silva.

I think a better replacement than an out-and-out striker like most are suggesting would be an inside-forward type player, an Adam Johnson but on the left, cutting in. We're playing Balotelli there a lot at the moment, but I feel as though he's slightly more effective centrally. With Dzeko, Aguero and Balotelli we have the goalscorers, we could do with some more variation in our attacking lineup.

TTS said:
I think a better replacement than an out-and-out striker like most are suggesting would be an inside-forward type player, an Adam Johnson but on the left, cutting in. We're playing Balotelli there a lot at the moment, but I feel as though he's slightly more effective centrally. With Dzeko, Aguero and Balotelli we have the goalscorers, we could do with some more variation in our attacking lineup.

We should have gone for Mata, all the Mata haters said he wasn't that good. He's been better than Nasri and can play anywhere across the midfield. Not going for him was a mistake. We actaully need width not another inside out winger. Hazard is the ideal fit as he can play as a pacey winger and also as a creative centre mid.

I have been told, by someone who has been 100% spot on about every transfer, that tevez is being loaned out in January then in summer, will be going to Napoli with Edinson Cavani coming to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.