Striker replacement for Tevez?

IMO we don't need a replacement for Tevez, we can't just buy a star as good as him and let him sit on the bench while we have Agüero and Dzeko (not even counting Balotelli).

You can't just have too many stars in one position, this isn't FM or PES

Genwa said:
IMO we don't need a replacement for Tevez, we can't just buy a star as good as him and let him sit on the bench while we have Agüero and Dzeko (not even counting Balotelli).

You can't just have too many stars in one position, this isn't FM or PES

I agree, in that we won't buy a like for like replacement, but obviously we can't continue with three strikers at the club as that leaves us woefully short of options.

I imagine we'll go for a young up and coming striker who will be happy to wait for his opportunity, or a relative journeyman who is content to play cup games and act as back up.

The replacement for Tevez will be a winger who can also play up front in times of need. I think we can and should forget bringing in an out and out striker. We are crying out for width. A new thread please titled Wingers who can also play as a striker is required.

I agree we need a replacement, and also agree we need someone who can also play wide aswel. Well for me theres only one option... Iker Munain

I think Berbatov on a free would be a good option. £30m + £200k out, free + £80k in.

Don't think we really need to spend much more now. Depending how the season goes, I'd just get Hoilett in, and fully promote Razak and Guidetti, and obviously sell Tevez. We need to look at FFP, and I think we'll get rid of Tevez at a cut price, of say, 20-30mil. Maybe even cheaper. So it wouldn't be ideal to get Cavani or Lavezzi in, as Napoli would demand £25m+ for either. Really need to start putting faith in our youth.

Also reckon it wouldn't be smart to cut Guidetti's loan spell short with Feyenoord. He looks to be enjoying it over there, 4 goals in 5 appearances. Getting a full season of regular football at a decent level is what he needs. He'll learn a lot in Holland.<br /><br />-- October 16th, 2011, 5:45 pm --<br /><br />
Sam_B said:
I agree we need a replacement, and also agree we need someone who can also play wide aswel. Well for me theres only one option... Iker Munain
Fuck Hoilett. Get this lad in!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.