Striker replacement for Tevez?

Deepest Blue said:
Scapuzzi may.be the solution but if not we should get someone else.

Rags have 7 with decent experience of PL (Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda and Diouf) so if we can't keep 4 happy then summats wrong.

scapuzzi is not the solution, that is for sure

its a shame lukaku had his heart set on chelsea, he'd have been ideal

after the match today (and i admit my bias here since he is a home-town boy for me and that the Official Toronto MCFC Supporters group would drool over this...) i can't get the thought of Junior Hoilett coming to Manchester in January.

i doubt that he'd mind being 4th in the pecking order behind Aguero/Dzeko/Balotelli and i am reasonably certain that i saw Bobby walk over to him to shake his hand after the match.

LAVEZi.jpg

Blue Haze said:
Hoilett definitely looks solid. Like to see how he'd play with a club that can keep possession. Wouldn't mind him at all.

the lad has pace and instincts and is only 21... some team bigger than Rovers will scoop him up before long... i just hope that it's City

SkyBlueCanuck said:
Blue Haze said:
Hoilett definitely looks solid. Like to see how he'd play with a club that can keep possession. Wouldn't mind him at all.

the lad has pace and instincts and is only 21... some team bigger than Rovers will scoop him up before long... i just hope that it's City

Is he naturally a wide player or does he like to play inside?

We really could use natural width right now.

Blue Haze said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:
Blue Haze said:

Is he naturally a wide player or does he like to play inside?

We really could use natural width right now.

he plays right wing and striker.

like i said previously, i'm obviously biased here, but the kid has the goods.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52sEKQViec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52sEKQViec</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddAvft67RtA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddAvft67RtA</a>

I would go for some young, hungry player, which would cost us up to 10m euro.
For example Artiom Rudniev from Lech Poznan. He is scoring for fun in Polish Estraklasa.
2 years ago Robert Lewandowski was bought by Borussia Dortmund from Lech Poznan for 4,5m euro (Lewandowski was top in goal chart in Ekstraklasa with 18 goals) and he is really succesful in Budesliga with 5 goals already this year. Rudnev makes his goal record look funny with 14 goals in 9 games already this year (another 2 goals today). Last year he had 20 in league, this year he is on course to make it 30. He would cost +/-7m euro, and given a chance he would score 10+ in Premiership from the bench easily. He is just scoring for fun, and he is scoring in Europe also. For example 4 goals in Europa League in 2 games with Juventus. Really good player and still only 23. In summer there will be a lot of clubs to buy him. I think he would take a chance to play for us and would not complain to start on the bench, and I think that given a chance to improve he could play well for us when some of main strikers would be injuried.

Hoilett's new contract is to have a £15m buyout clause in it which is quite high for someone who we're yet to know will be more than a one season wonder.

I think Mancini will go for Cerci who is cheaper and following up on last year's good performances with more this season.

If we were to use the Tevez money, then Lavezzi or Hazard would be fantastic signings but I do think we might pocket a lot of that and go for Cerci at around £8mil-£12mil.

Edit: Also, Krasic is being linked with us now but a lot of the talk involvs Kolarov in a swap deal and I can't see us letting our other left-back go in January as Mancini doesn't rate Bridge.

Hoilett would be fantastic if he really can play as an striker aswell.

Let's remember that he is home-grown aswell. Would bring pace and width. Because he is fast and tricky. If he can play as an central striker and more centrally aswell. Then he would be perfect. So young aswell.

I was impressed with him last season and i was impressed with him today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.