Struggling to get my 13 year old to come to match

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by henrythedogcity, 28 Aug 2019.

1. Nascent Blues

Nascent Blues

My hands still bare the scars.

2. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Probably a grief hunter and only wants to go when we are shit

citymad likes this.
  3. bluestevei

bluestevei

AT 13 I THINK HE WILL BE MORE INTRESTED IN GIRLS

4. oldhamblue

oldhamblue

Started taking my lad when Big Joe was manager and he as a 7 year old loved the adventure of walking through Hulme and Mosside, quick dart in a pub and then the vibrancy of the outside of Maine Road
    And he got to swear for 90 minutes. He loved the Keegan era but about 12/13 he would miss the odd game.

The Pearce era was a toil to get him to come to any of the games, which I put down to his age. But it was because it was crap. After that he was there at every game culminating in us winning the title on his 18th birthday

5. eastmanc

eastmanc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    Have three sons all season ticket holders, have had a seat with me for five years. My two eldest sons paid for me for the first two seasons after I came out of work. All three of them love it. My youngest is a musician and can’t always make every match and is gutted when this happens. Having taken them over the years and all grew to love it more than when they started going, which is natural, it was a bit of a mixed bag with their interest levels all being different. First took my eldest to Maine Road in 94 when he was four and subsequently took all three of them with my mate, because they were a handful, it was hard with them all being so young but it’s been worth it.

6. BlueTG

BlueTG

It’ll come and go for some, football.

Some years I’m really into it and love going, other years I’m not arsed if I only attend a handful of matches.
    I can’t say I've been fussed with the hassle of travel (for me) and cost to watch City on the regular since 16/17.

On the other hand I was really enjoying going to watching Lincoln with my family for the following seasons. This season, however, I’ve got other things to consider and take part in, so even Lincoln has taken a back seat again.

I’ll still go to a few matches, as others have said it’s good family time, but some seasons I just can’t be arsed like I used to.

7. mancity2012_eamo

mancity2012_eamo

Team supported:
    Us.
    Just accept that whatever you do, it's all your fault and he never asked to be born.

TonyM, BlueMojito and Carver like this.
  8. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Edited for accuracy.....

9. Pablo1

Pablo1

Not everyone loves the game from toddler to old age. Let your kids develop their own interests and support them instead of dragging them off to somewhere they don’t want to be.

10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

My lad was born when we were passing through one of the 'shit' periods and I couldn't have got him down the drive. However, EFC were reigning champions!!