Struggling to get my 13 year old to come to match

My lad was 5 when the Sky, PL and rag domination all came in 1992 ish. All the kids in the avenue and probably at school in Cheadle fell for it and he was affected by peer pressure and nearly went over to the dark side. Fortunately I kept him in on the straight and narrow and he is City-mad too much possibly. The kids who went over to the rags didn't last after the novelty wore off of course.

He still loves the blues and comes to all the trips to Wembley but it hurts as i feel ive lost my little football pal.....i also have 10 year old who has no interest in football but hates liverpool and United hes also a season ticket holder wife says i should stop buying them season tickets but i can't bring myself to do it

Maybe he just wants to do something completely different to his dad, to find out exactly who he is. Sounds like amateur psychologising, but that's exactly what happened to me, big time. And it's still the case, nearly twenty years on from his teens.

My lad did the same at about 16. Had a ticket but lost interest and missed more games than he went to.

He moved onto loving music and it’s still his passion now.

He’s now at Uni and watches all the games in the union. He went to Spurs on my ticket as I was on holiday and I’ve hopefully got him a ticket for Saturday off Bluemoon. He might even bag my derby ticket depending on the time they reschedule it to as we are going to a gig together in Leeds on the Sunday and I’m away the Saturday.

Let him find his own passion. And take him to games he wants to go to if you can get him in. He will come back, but maybe not to them all.

Took my son to a City game, paid for coaching lessons but his interest was music and now tours the world in a band. He's no interest in any sport.
My daughter loves footie', used to take her to several games at Maine Road and she follows City's results. She always checks the fixtures before 'phoning me in case she might disturb my TV game. Her hairdresser is a City fan and he is always asking her "What did you dad think of the game?"
Sounds like the Evertonian branch of my family, the girls are all hardcore football fans and the one boy isn't remotely into it.

If he's not arsed about going the match, he might just not be that into football. Or he may come back to it when he's older. I went through a phase where I barely followed football (annoyingly, Everton were actually quite good during this phase, and it was when City were starting to take off), but got back into it about 2011.

Tried to get the daughter into City from a young age, took her to a few games a season, Wembley twice, parades etc, kits every season and then she just gradually lost interest .
She’d rather sit in her bedroom pouting at her phone taking selfies!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.