Stuart Brennan. MEN.

City Raider said:
I don't think it can be argued if that article was about French players at united, the photo wouldn't be Cantona leaping into the crowd to kick someone

Funny you should say that. When I went to pull the quotes to accompany that article, on the sidebar there's a feature - United team of the 90s.

The accompanying picture is one of "King Eric" executing an overhead kick.

Found it funny that MUEN's article about the 45 mistakes in Slur Alex's book (prompting a refund for one reader), only mentions two - both negligible

Examples of inaccuracies in the book Fergie's claim that United got 11 years out of midfielder Roy Keane when it was 12.

The book also says Ryan Giggs made his debut aged 16 when it was actually 17.

and ignores the embarrasing ones (among others) as quoted in the Mirror

Argentine pair Gabriel Heinze and Juan Sebastian Veron apparently had a bit of a row during a game against Portsmouth. But the two never played for United at the same time.

Reflecting on Gianfranco Zola's goal for Chelsea against United in 1997, Ferguson recalls one dressing-room exchange:
"Oh the stick Pally got that day. Bryan Robson said: 'Any chance of you staying on your feet?'"
All well and good, except for the fact that Bryan Robson had joined Middlesbrough fully three years earlier.

MUEN http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/fergie-book-customer-refunded-after-6313808
Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sir-alex-ferguson-autobiography-top-2804400

Your`re not really here.
Never have you been a more than piss poor useless idiotic senseless .................
oakie has more than proved his point.
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. SB walks on water.
You really do need to seek medical help those who don`t understand reality from a great piss take.
Stewart you really are wasting your time from those who do not have a

Blue Punter said:
Ahead of England's international clash, MEN Sport takes a look at the Germans to have featured for Manchester City and Manchester United.

So the editorial brains trust at the MEN assemble to decide who should be on the accompanying photo.

Is it to be the iconic pic of Bert Trautmann playing in the cup final with a broken neck? A man whose life and achievements, on and off the pitch are too numerous to mention.

Or perhaps the most recent inductee into the Manchester City Hall of fame, Uwe Rosler? The man who has recently beat cancer and was at the City store in Manchester for a book signing only yesterday.

Forget that sports team. Lets go with a bloke who played 16 games for the club scuffling with a team mate.

If like me, you was racking your brains for the Utd player(s) from Germany, I'll fill in the blanks for you:

United meanwhile have only ever had one German on their books. Goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler was a key part of the Reds youth set-up and made the first-team bench but never made it onto the pitch in competitive action, signing for Hannover in 2010.

Very poor choice to include that picture when you compare it to our legends Bert and Uwe.
Simply confirms not all the staff at the MEN have an affinity with Manchester City or their readership.

de niro said:
stu and oakie have a business meeting.

w2F7Oj04QfCl9w2GFEHf_puppeteer.jpg

At least it iisnt a member of my family trying to convince me that that I have to go with the flow and fall in line with the family tree because a member of my nearest and dearest say so !!!!!!!!!!!!
I really can`t understand your philosophy that whatever Dad says so is gospel !!!!!!!!!!!

oakiecokie said:
de niro said:
stu and oakie have a business meeting.

w2F7Oj04QfCl9w2GFEHf_puppeteer.jpg

At least it iisnt a member of my family trying to convince me that that I have to go with the flow and fall in line with the family tree because a member of my nearest and dearest say so !!!!!!!!!!!!
I really can`t understand your philosophy that whatever Dad says so is gospel !!!!!!!!!!!

rather odd that 99% of people on here agree my dad.

keep digging oakie lad.

memo to muen.
the way oakie fights your corner should be rewarded in some way. perhaps free papers for life........................er wait a minute.

Perhaps Stuart Brennan could post the thought process behind using the Boateng photo as opposed to Uwe or Bert?

Blue Punter said:
Perhaps Stuart Brennan could post the thought process behind using the Boateng photo as opposed to Uwe or Bert?

I'll answer it for him

"My colleague who chose the picture isn't a football supporter at all and was just having a bit of fun."

The Pink Panther said:
Blue Punter said:

I'll answer it for him

"My colleague who chose the picture isn't a football supporter at all and was just having a bit of fun."

That made me laugh. Thank you I needed a laugh this morning. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.