stuart taylor, just a thought

TheMightyQuinn said:
It's very, very simple.

We signed him so that Joe could go out on loan, he needs games at his age and is some way off his peak just yet. Taylor is experienced, happy to be back up at this stage in his career so he came in. Kasper wants out and has done for some time.

Taylor made a mistake in a meaningless, pointless friendly. Doesn't make him public enemy number one really.

Just a thought for some of you people - do you think Taylor will perform better with fans behind him urging him on and wishing him well or with a few thousand monkeys on his back, booing and willing him to fuck up?

it was'nt so much a dig at him, more like why him? i think its a fair question that it may be barry connected in some way.
as for ability, we could and should do better, if shay was injured or sent off i would be edgey to be honest if taylor came on.
with our status we should have a class number 2 goalie, chelsea for instance had cuccini as back up to cech, thats the level we should be aimimg at.

again, just my thoughts.

images

Loads of them here!

Biamp said:
In The Know said:
Aston Villa of course

I thought it was a free transfer too. But, it's actually undisclosed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1189548/Whos-whos-Club-club-guide-summer-transfer-Barclays-Premier-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html</a>

It was a free transfer - OS confirms the player was released by Villa, therefore he had no club to which we would have needed to pay any transfer fee.

Taylor's arrival on a one-year contract after being released by Villa will allow Hughes to arrange a loan deal for current England Under-21 goalkeeper Joe Hart.

It seems pretty clear - we got him for fook all and signed him on a one year deal - its hardly a major undertaking by the club, and it allows Joe Hart to get first team football in the World Cup year, whilst also allowing Kasper to leave - which he clearly wants to do. In a years time, Joe will be back to challenge Shay Given, and I very much doubt Stuart Taylor will still be around.

I don't see the problem myself. He's not the greatest - but if he was he wouldn't be happy with a one year deal, when he knows he's going to be doing nothing but sitting on the bench all year. When you're presenting that kind of deal to a player, your options are pretty limited I'd say, and he's probably about as good as we could get under those circumstances.

Sorry he does'nt look good enough, even for back-up.
Whats the point of spending over a hundred million on an excellent squad if you havent got a 'reliable' reserve keeper. One who has'nt just been released by another club for whatever reason.
Serious injury to given in the first couple of games and the games up. Joe's loan deal will probably not allow for a return mid season.

There is no room for sentiment at this level.

de niro said:
it was'nt so much a dig at him, more like why him? i think its a fair question that it may be barry connected in some way.
as for ability, we could and should do better, if shay was injured or sent off i would be edgey to be honest if taylor came on.
with our status we should have a class number 2 goalie, chelsea for instance had cuccini as back up to cech, thats the level we should be aimimg at.

again, just my thoughts.

I could be wrong but didn't Chelsea finish 2nd and 1st before Cudicini became thier number 2.

Our "status" is rapidly increasing during this transfer window, but i don't yet buy into the arguement that we should be able two attract & keep happy to elite/international/world class players for every position.

Let's get the big names in this season, let them walk into the team, let them do the job on the pitch and then, when we've got the results to back up our bank account, then lets really test our squad.

Just looking on wiki, he's been second (and third!) choice behind some pretty ordinary keepers.

Hopefully he's like Berti — for the bench only.

Maybe Hughes thinks he's a good goalkeeper to have as back up to Given especially considering he's got premiership experience. He's not started great but he was hardly that bad last night was he and he made one top save

Even after two games i can tell hes a donkey and with that haircut its no wonder he never made it at Villa. His positioning is awful! IMAGINE HIM AGAINST TORRES!!

To be fair though he has made a few good saves its unfair to judge him at this stage in time...

de niro said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
It's very, very simple.

We signed him so that Joe could go out on loan, he needs games at his age and is some way off his peak just yet. Taylor is experienced, happy to be back up at this stage in his career so he came in. Kasper wants out and has done for some time.

Taylor made a mistake in a meaningless, pointless friendly. Doesn't make him public enemy number one really.

Just a thought for some of you people - do you think Taylor will perform better with fans behind him urging him on and wishing him well or with a few thousand monkeys on his back, booing and willing him to fuck up?

again, just my thoughts.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you and I wasn't having a pop at you specifically earlier mate. There could be something in the Barry thing but to be honest, I personally felt we'd be getting an older keeper for the bench the minute we signed Given as the same has happened at Liverpool and the shite in the past when they've had a good young keeper. Rather than bench the young keeper for a few years they send him out on loan to grow as a player in order to reap the rewards later on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.