Stupid little things that bug you

I am in agreement with you Mr Ball and I would go one step further, I have never had to charge my phone in a pub. I suppose most pubs have plugs for the cleaners but the ones I go in they just use a mop and bucket.
The pubs I go in don't even use a mop and bucket

Could you have got the same item from somewhere local ? OK maybe a bus and or a tram but you have wasted 5 and a half hours waiting for the item.
I've stopped buying online for this very reason. Usually I'm not in when they deliver (I won't wait in as they don't give you a specific time like they do with grocery) so I have to then drive to the PO and queue up, saving a few $$ isn't worth it, and it's good to support local shops.
Also if it's clothing that doesn't fit I have the hassle of sending it back and forever checking I got a refund.....pain in the effin arse.

Peoples pettyness on Marketplace. Whilst it's obvious there are some right cheapskates out there....I'm flogging a VHF Marine hand held ship to shore radio, fully working with instructions and chargers etc etc and a bloke is arguing the toss over £10....so he's clearly got a boat and he clearly values his life yet he's letting a tenner get in the way.

Peoples pettyness on Marketplace. Whilst it's obvious there are some right cheapskates out there....I'm flogging a VHF Marine hand held ship to shore radio, fully working with instructions and chargers etc etc and a bloke is arguing the toss over £10....so he's clearly got a boat and he clearly values his life yet he's letting a tenner get in the way.
I was selling a piece of furniture a while ago and clearly stated (and included photos) that it was a bit scratched in one area. Without the scratches, it could've gone for about £100 but, wanting rid of it, I listed it for £25. A bloke contacts me and asks if it is still for sale, which it was. He drives about 45 minutes to my house to collect it and then tries to barter me down to £15 claiming that he's spent at least that on petrol and the item was scratched.

I was adamant that I wasn't dropping the price and he was adamant he wasn't going over £15. I think he thought I'd buckle. He asked what I'd do with it if he didn't buy it. I said "It'll be taken to the tip before you get back home."

He thought this was ludicrous and said "Would you not rather have £15 in your pocket and the thing taken away for you?"

"Absolutely not. It'll give me great pleasure throwing the fucking thing into the tip knowing that you've wasted a journey trying to be a cheapskate."

Off he went and the furniture was indeed at the tip within the hour.

I was selling a piece of furniture a while ago and clearly stated (and included photos) that it was a bit scratched in one area. Without the scratches, it could've gone for about £100 but, wanting rid of it, I listed it for £25. A bloke contacts me and asks if it is still for sale, which it was. He drives about 45 minutes to my house to collect it and then tries to barter me down to £15 claiming that he's spent at least that on petrol and the item was scratched.

I was adamant that I wasn't dropping the price and he was adamant he wasn't going over £15. I think he thought I'd buckle. He asked what I'd do with it if he didn't buy it. I said "It'll be taken to the tip before you get back home."

He thought this was ludicrous and said "Would you not rather have £15 in your pocket and the thing taken away for you?"

"Absolutely not. It'll give me great pleasure throwing the fucking thing into the tip knowing that you've wasted a journey trying to be a cheapskate."

Fantastic! Serves the cheeky **** right.

They beggar belief sometimes, they really do.

Going complete old git here, somethings that annoy me are:
“Fur babies”
“Pet parents”
“Craft”…..
“Artisan bakers”
“ORGANIC botanicals”
Using vegan on stuff just to make it sound sexier..
People blaming being fat on under active thyroid (I have one and you just have to work harder and watch what you eat)
And obviously, scousers

I've stopped buying online for this very reason. Usually I'm not in when they deliver (I won't wait in as they don't give you a specific time like they do with grocery) so I have to then drive to the PO and queue up, saving a few $$ isn't worth it, and it's good to support local shops.
Also if it's clothing that doesn't fit I have the hassle of sending it back and forever checking I got a refund.....pain in the effin arse.
I was returning an on-line purchase to Argos.
Argos: "The parcel will be collected between 08:00 and 17:00"
Me: "So I have to spend a whole day waiting in for your driver?"
Argos: No, not at all sir, the driver will call your mobile 'phone 20 minutes before he arrives"
Me: "So when will I get this advance notification?"
Argos" Sometime between 08:00 and 17:00" !!!

Going complete old git here, somethings that annoy me are:
“Fur babies”
“Pet parents”
“Craft”…..
“Artisan bakers”
“ORGANIC botanicals”
Using vegan on stuff just to make it sound sexier..
People blaming being fat on under active thyroid (I have one and you just have to work harder and watch what you eat)
And obviously, scousers
We have Vegan bathroom cleaner at work....I sit there wondering about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.