Stupid little things that bug you

I was selling a piece of furniture a while ago and clearly stated (and included photos) that it was a bit scratched in one area. Without the scratches, it could've gone for about £100 but, wanting rid of it, I listed it for £25. A bloke contacts me and asks if it is still for sale, which it was. He drives about 45 minutes to my house to collect it and then tries to barter me down to £15 claiming that he's spent at least that on petrol and the item was scratched.

I was adamant that I wasn't dropping the price and he was adamant he wasn't going over £15. I think he thought I'd buckle. He asked what I'd do with it if he didn't buy it. I said "It'll be taken to the tip before you get back home."

He thought this was ludicrous and said "Would you not rather have £15 in your pocket and the thing taken away for you?"

"Absolutely not. It'll give me great pleasure throwing the fucking thing into the tip knowing that you've wasted a journey trying to be a cheapskate."

Off he went and the furniture was indeed at the tip within the hour.
Similar thing happened to me recently, bloke came tried it on with the $$ "cash now" shit. Yet when he messaged me about it he acted as if he was going to pay what I was asking.
No way was I dropping the already cheap price, I got a bit pissed off with his attitude, like I should be grateful to him, and said... "mate, I'd rather chuck the fucking thing off the Gateway fucking Bridge than sell it to you"

He just walked back to his car and drove off, all that fucking poncing around and pissing somebody off to save himself $10 (5 quid) the fucking prick.

*Gateway Bridge is a massive bridge over the Brisbane river ;)

Last edited:
The video ref cameras they use in the rugby. The video ref cameras go all fuzzy and unclear when they are making a decision then sky go back to show a replay and you can see clearly again. Why can't they use the same camera picture

When you say good morning to someone and they reply "it was when I got up."

Or, ask someone how they are and their response it, "not three bad."

Get to fuck.

I always give a positive response like fantastic, great, superb or excellent. It usually throws people who are used to a sea of negativity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.