Stupid little things that bug you

My local Lidl...

1. No hand baskets, just those bloody great wardrobes to drag around.
2. Never enough check-outs open AND no self-check-out.
3. Customers taking an age trying to get their "Pay by 'phone" app to work
3. A middle aisle full of very tempting boys' toys.

Newsreaders or presenters who are obviously British, not pronouncing words properly. This morning on BBC Breakfast, one of the women was interviewing a fella from OfWat, when she asked him a question about how things could be made ‘bedder’. I found myself shouting at the television saying bedder has a double t. When the fella replied he answered the question including the word better and pronounced it properly. Speak properly.

Newsreaders or presenters who are obviously British, not pronouncing words properly. This morning on BBC Breakfast, one of the women was interviewing a fella from OfWat, when she asked him a question about how things could be made ‘bedder’. I found myself shouting at the television saying bedder has a double t. When the fella replied he answered the question including the word better and pronounced it properly. Speak properly.
Being of the older generation, it irritates me to hear people pronouncing "Twenty" as "Twenny", even my own kids keep saying it, however, I accept that it's now prevalent within the younger generations. I do get particularly annoyed though with TV and radio presenters who are supposed to uphold "The King's English" but have slipped into this mode of speaking. Just listen to the BBC presenters doing the Olympics.
Horror of horrors, Sophie Raworth used the "T" word on News at 10. All hope has now gone!

On holiday in Spain, every sun bed taken at 10am when i don’t even surface. Get down and the towels are there all day with nobody on them.
Is it ok to remove them after a certain time?
Why can’t they just use it when you need it ffs

The bloody awful team GB olympic tracksuits. Makes every athlete look like a chav wearing jodhpurs under the jogging bottoms whilst also wearing a top thats too small for them and rides up exposing their stomach if they raise their arms. Ridiculous kit design.

Being of the older generation, it irritates me to hear people pronouncing "Twenty" as "Twenny", even my own kids keep saying it, however, I accept that it's now prevalent within the younger generations. I do get particularly annoyed though with TV and radio presenters who are supposed to uphold "The King's English" but have slipped into this mode of speaking. Just listen to the BBC presenters doing the Olympics.
Horror of horrors, Sophie Raworth used the "T" word on News at 10. All hope has now gone!
Transgender?

Back in the days of C.B. radio the phrase "What's your twenny" could be heard a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.