Stupid little things that bug you

People asking me all the time where I am from.

I tell them the town, but they reply, "No, where are you really from?"

"Oh, England", I will reply.

Actually, I don't give a toss, a perfectly normal question............but when they ask, "Are you from Australia?"

Well, that's a step too far!!!!!
People ask me all the time where I'm from. Usually because I am wandering around dribbling, they then have the sense to look at my name tag and ring Mrs Mist to collect me.

Almost as bad (but far more baffling), the lazy, selfish twats who bag up their dog's turd but then hang it on a branch! Do they think the local council employs someone to collect bags of dogshit from tree branches?
It’s fuckin bizarre mate, I’ve racked my brain thinking of any possible reasoning in the past, in the end I filed it in the same section as people who clog up supermarket car parks so they can get a space near the door ie (and similar to you)‘bone idle fuckers’.

Since when did a Toilet become a Rest Room? our local Garden Centre has had a re-furb & all of a sudden the Toilet has gone & there is a big new sign for the "Rest Room"? same old bogs as before, no sofas or comfy leather chairs so why the change of name?
Maybe it'll confuse the chavs enough not to destroy it within a month of opening

Since when did a Toilet become a Rest Room? our local Garden Centre has had a re-furb & all of a sudden the Toilet has gone & there is a big new sign for the "Rest Room"? same old bogs as before, no sofas or comfy leather chairs so why the change of name?
You wouldn't want to "rest" in there, after I've been in, for at least 10 minutes.

I don't remember eating a dead rat in the last few days

Whenever you go into a shop/supermarket, there's silly Christmas songs blaring out from early November onwards.
I particularly hate "Santa Claus is coming to town", "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" and that dreary Paul McCartney thing about Simply Having Wonderful christmas Time.
Oh the fucking joys.
It's December the first, and we're about to be bombarded with that steaming turd that is Fairytale of New York, every 5 minutes.
Then you'll get every dullard reminding you that "it's a classic". NO IT'S NOT. It's two people bitching at each other, and then, Christmas is mentioned at the end of the chorus. Yes, it really sums up what Christmas is all about.

Then you'll get the bores, whining that the radio have edited some words out of it.

Even more annoying than Stop the Cavalry

Have you been asked this by an ex "lady in waiting" at a royal function, recently?

This is currently the lead item on BBC News
What a coincidence. :)

I suppose their interest/curiosity was the same as your reference, but I didn't see any need to make a headline over it.

No different to my wife being Canadian of German heritage and people who have an interest asking where in Germany her family were from, not simply Germany.

The same with me, where in England, not just England. Seems a perfectly normal question to ask.

When someone asks a question on Social Media and the first answer is the correct one, end of thread, so why do the next 20 replies just repeat the same answer.
It’s not a bleeding competition your entering.

Waiting in the queue for the self checkout and the docile person in front hasn't clocked that one of the tills is free. Which means you have to inform them it's available.

What a coincidence. :)

I suppose their interest/curiosity was the same as your reference, but I didn't see any need to make a headline over it.

No different to my wife being Canadian of German heritage and people who have an interest asking where in Germany her family were from, not simply Germany.

The same with me, where in England, not just England. Seems a perfectly normal question to ask.
If the question were phrased differently would that make it non racist?

By that I mean are you allowed to ask someone's heritage? I would have thought that would be ok as it's presumably borne out of interest as opposed to any other emotion.

I ask as it seems a minefield these days as to what one can or cannot say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.