Stupid little things that bug you

The absolute helmet on that lottery radio ad who says "apart from the birth of my children this is the best call I've ever had"

Oh fuck off mate, first of all, why are you getting a call about the birth of your kids? Should you not have been there, eh? And I'm sorry but a call telling me my kids been born and another telling me I've won 30 million quid, well, I know which one I'd put as being number one.

Dickhead.
So spit it out ffs, do you like him or not?

For what it’s worth, never heard of him
or the station, but he isn’t endearing himself, if I’m honest.

Young females crossing the road with prams. They stand on the kerb waiting, but put the fucking pram IN the road. What the fuck is that about?
It's a pretty dangerous game to play but pedestrians should have right of way at T junctions. I cross two busy one's taking my daughter to school and I would say about 1% of driver's give way and let us cross. The school run is a terrible time on the road's. Women with kids in cars while doing makeup speeding. Seen it all

Thankyou (or should that be thank you?) I did not know that. Usually there is a red underscore to let me know when a word is incorrect. I do try to be accurate, :-(
He or she or they are not 100% correct. The word(s) come from “reading the proof” where proof is a test print of a newspaper page before going to final print. It would have been originally two words, then hyphenated but can now be one word but the original two styles aren’t incorrect, yet. I don’t like this trend of keep making longer words so prefer to hyphenate.

Last edited:
Alan Shearer on MOTD referring all the time to someone called "Trent". I looked at the team line-ups andcouldn't find anyone with the surname Trent. Even newspaper headlines say "Trent will be firing on all cylinders", or some such crap.

I don'r remember Shearer going on all the time about Kevin, Erling or Riyad. If his name's too long, just call him Arnold.

Alan Shearer on MOTD referring all the time to someone called "Trent". I looked at the team line-ups andcouldn't find anyone with the surname Trent. Even newspaper headlines say "Trent will be firing on all cylinders", or some such crap.

I don'r remember Shearer going on all the time about Kevin, Erling or Riyad. If his name's too long, just call him Arnold.
And “Bruno”.

And Carragher still not being able to pronounce "Gundogan", even though he's now played in the PL for 7 years and is an established German international.

He’s not the only one. I think it’s more to do with his first name being one syllable not shared by any other top player and his surname being such a mouthful. Rather than any sort of implied familiarity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.