Stupid little things that bug you

You were privy enough to blame non-overtime working staff in your post

Maybe blame the companies that charge you a fortune whilst cutting costs at every possible turn?
He didn't blame anyone. He supplied a possible reason to an Australian chum.
Not everything posted in Off Topic has to be a right wing nut job attack on Trade Unions.
If 3 trains in succession are cancelled that is the obvious reason, the remedy is for the loony sub thread that only the bravecdare enter.

If it helps, I do not know if Betty is right or left wing but I can confirm she is a nut job.

A lot of Brits say Yurs instead of years, kills me !
That’s the Yonners from Lancashire. ’the frrst one I saw for yurs and yurs were one that went rouynd and rouynd and undergrouynd, at the Croyn and Anchyr pub’.

Gawby bastards.

Chelsea fans when they sang ‘Champions of Yurrope, you’ll never sing that’.

‘Tuth’ is another one for tooth
And ‘rmm’ for room.

But that's how Pakistan is pronounced, as I'm regularly informed by my niece's husband who was born there!
That, then is correct but when you have white, British, specifically newsreaders saying it, things like that does irritate me. It happened at the start of the Ukraine/Russia war with Keev instead of Kiev because the locals call it that. Here’s a simple daft but example, do think a French journalist who was commenting on the recent GB cycling tour, when passing though parts of Greater Manchester and Lancashire, would you think they change their sophisticated French accent to someone from Wigan? “This is Cyrille Guimard reporting from Bessie O’ th’ Barn”;)

That, then is correct but when you have white, British, specifically newsreaders saying it, things like that does irritate me. It happened at the start of the Ukraine/Russia war with Keev instead of Kiev because the locals call it that. Here’s a simple daft but example, do think a French journalist who was commenting on the recent GB cycling tour, when passing though parts of Greater Manchester and Lancashire, would you think they change their sophisticated French accent to someone from Wigan? “This is Cyrille Guimard reporting from Bessie O’ th’ Barn”;)

My niece's husband also learnt English when he was studying at Aberdeen University so has an Aberdonian accent, so I always think of him as Scottish.
Isn't multiculturalism brilliant!

I’m not blaming the staff, that’s what they announced at the fucking station.
I have no issue with anyone withdrawing their labour. I didn’t blame them , my complaint was about the dickheads refusing to move along the train.
Oh so you're blaming the company then ! Perhaps the company have made a perfectly reasonable pay offer to to the workers who couldn't give 2 shits about the customer. Its people like you that have fucked the country up.

(giggles to himself)

But that's how Pakistan is pronounced, as I'm regularly informed by my niece's husband who was born there!
It’s more like ‘Poks-ton’, rather than the poncey shite our newsreaders come out with; ‘I’m going to Milaaarn to have a laaartte and then I’m off to Paaarkistaaarn for a baaarth’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.