Stupid little things that bug you

I just downloaded (ahem) all of Stephen King's books..

Have you read any and are they good ?
I read one a long time ago but I’m not in to horror stories.
Detective stories and mysteries: David Baldacci. John Grisham, Ruth Rendell, Richard Osman and Richard Cole.
Plus biographies and autobiographies. Danielle Steel, JK Rowling and lots whose names don’t immediately spring to mind.

I’ve been having a clear out of books, CDs and Videos sending them to charities and books alone I’ve sent 9 large boxes and have still got 3 more bookcases to empty! :-)

I read one a long time ago but I’m not in to horror stories.
Detective stories and mysteries: David Baldacci. John Grisham, Ruth Rendell, Richard Osman and Richard Cole.
Plus biographies and autobiographies. Danielle Steel, JK Rowling and lots whose names don’t immediately spring to mind.

I’ve been having a clear out of books, CDs and Videos sending them to charities and books alone I’ve sent 9 large boxes and have still got 3 more bookcases to empty! :-)
I've read all of Grisham, Mitchener, Le Carre, Michael Connelly, Forsyth and a few others. I now read on my big phone so I can read wherever I go.

The fat middle aged guy who creeps into shot on a vid of buskers and “grooves”.

I don't know when it started but dead people in the US are now called - unalived.

Weirdos!
I think it started from people on youtube, twitch, etc. There's a whole load of stuff you can't say on there or you get demonitised (don't get revenue from people watching your videos/streams) or banned. Hence you get people saying unalive(d) instead of dead, killed, etc. There's a whole load of other words people substitute in order to not get banned/demonitised as well as the usual words and sentiments you'd probably expect to be on a banned words list.

I think it started from people on youtube, twitch, etc. There's a whole load of stuff you can't say on there or you get demonitised (don't get revenue from people watching your videos/streams) or banned. Hence you get people saying unalive(d) instead of dead, killed, etc. There's a whole load of other words people substitute in order to not get banned/demonitised as well as the usual words and sentiments you'd probably expect to be on a banned words list.
God save us from this semantic madness. Soon we’ll all have to talk in code.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.