Stupid little things that bug you

I'd be interested to know when our council are going to let us in the tip without going through the Spanish inquisition.
Log in...enter type of car....enter reg...are you towing a trailer....is it personal or trade waste....enter your required time slot.....must arrive during your time slot....email address....confirm email address....contact phone if required....

Upon arrival to said establishment we have the fucking jobsworth with a clip board/ tablet standing there, the other side of the barrier, smiling in an almost professional manner, justifying his wages while he checks all the above details..... He then cheerfully lifts the barrier and explains only 2 cars are allowed in.......it's a fucking tip not a nuclear arsenal !!. What a waste of fucking time but that's councils for you.

I'd be interested to know when our council are going to let us in the tip without going through the Spanish inquisition.
Log in...enter type of car....enter reg...are you towing a trailer....is it personal or trade waste....enter your required time slot.....must arrive during your time slot....email address....confirm email address....contact phone if required....

Upon arrival to said establishment we have the fucking jobsworth with a clip board/ tablet standing there, the other side of the barrier, smiling in an almost professional manner, justifying his wages while he checks all the above details..... He then cheerfully lifts the barrier and explains only 2 cars are allowed in.......it's a fucking tip not a nuclear arsenal !!. What a waste of fucking time but that's councils for you.
Ridiculous. Here you pull up onto a scale, they weigh you, you give them a deposit, they weigh you on the way out, they give you some of your deposit back. Off to the nudie bar

Where are you ?
Trafford has none of that, you just turn up. Also, it isn't council run, private firm whose name I've forgotten. They also do all household bins.

Who mentioned brown envelopes ? Come on I'm waiting. No one goes home until the boy who shouted brown envelopes stands up.

Ridiculous. Here you pull up onto a scale, they weigh you, you give them a deposit, they weigh you on the way out, they give you some of your deposit back. Off to the nudie bar
That's when you are weighing in your knock off scrap metal you daft pikey.

Where are you ?
Trafford has none of that, you just turn up. Also, it isn't council run, private firm whose name I've forgotten. They also do all household bins.

Who mentioned brown envelopes ? Come on I'm waiting. No one goes home until the boy who shouted brown envelopes stands up.
I won’t say where he is, but let’s just say there’s probably some wool in his Wellies.

Where are you ?

Gwynedd county council and I'm sure Pembrokeshire CC are the same.

Tradespeople who take it as a personal affront when you ask for their bank details in order to pay their account, instead of paying them in cash.They somehow think they should be exempt from paying tax.

People who patronise me as a senior citizen. I have got used to young folk offering me a seat on a Metrolink, but the other day I was in one place being attended to and a bloke sitting nearby, no spring chicken himself, said "Do you know tour shoelace is undone?"
I said "Yes" (thinking mind yer own business) and he replied "Do you want me to tie it for you?"
I thought "God, do I look that decrepit?"

And only a couple of weeks ago I was putting a medium-sized suitcase on the overhead luggage rack, no bother at all, when a smart-arse sprang up from a nearby seat and virtually wrestled it out of my hands and put it up there himself. I thought "Patronising bastard!" I suppose he was trying to help, but I don't want offers of help when I don't need them, thank you very much.

Does anyone else have this to put up with, or is it just me? It really pisses me off.
calm down grand dad and have a cup of tea, you'll do yourself a mischief

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.