Stupid player sales

I always liked Zinchenko - and still do. Rarely got a 10/10 performance from him, but never got anything lower than a 7/10!

Should have replaced him, but not with Gomez - but on the flip side I'm glad we didn't get Cucurella. We've got the money, lets just go big and get Alphonso Davies!

All of these felt daft and wrong to me at the time. I'm sure there may have been injury or other issues for a couple of them, but still... just don't replace anyone with the likes of Gerry fucking Creaney of Rick Holden...

Paul Simpson
David Phillips
Clive Wilson
Colin Hendry
Michael Hughes
Ian Bishop
Andy Hinchcliffe
Paul Walsh
Peter Beagrie
Tony Coton
Garry Flitcroft

A double smack in the face, selling Michael Hughes and the buying Rick Holden as a replacement.

Yes losing Zin and Jesus has definitely weakened us, probably more mentality than anything else. Pep spoke about passion, guts, desire and that is something those two had in abundance and I guess in a dressing room its infectious. The dressing room dynamic has changed as it has at Arsenal also.
Even worse, iirc Hughes was replaced by Alfons Groenendijk, who was probably even worse than Holden

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.