Stupid player sales

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I thought Zin might have played for Arsenal as a midfielder rather than as a left back.
Tierney is probably a better "conventional" left back than Zin but is a sicknote so Zin is a great replacement.

Still a big fan of Zin and he is a brilliant example of how determination can take you far in the game. Not replacing him adequately has left us short but there is no point in signing a player who is not good enough to challenge for a first team place. Curucella definitely seems like a bullet dodged.
He's been given a free role by Arteta who obviously unlocked another few dimensions to him as a player. On that showing from yesterday, particularly in the second half, he spent most time playing like a conventional MF player. It was so stupid not to try to keep him by offering him much improved financial and playing contract.

Zinchenko and Jesus wanted to move it's our clubs policy to move players on who don't want to be here, have we strengthened Arsenal, Yes but the real issue is allowing Zinchenko to go before we'd secured a suitable replacement.
In the light of us having Haaland I don't think that many are that arsed about Jesus going to Arsenal.

If cancelo was in the same form as he was this time last year then this discussion wouldn't be happening.

In hindsight selling zinny to them looks a poor move on our behalf, but at the time in the summer it made sense as Arsenal were no where near a direct threat.

It's easy to make comment on the matter now as they sit 5 clear at the top.

Last edited:
Idk why it's starting now, but selling zinchenko really isn't why we are second in the league right now. I loved him but he barely played last season. just one of those "gotta find a narrative".

Getting rid of Romeo Lavia could be a stupid decision in the future. Not sure if we have buyback or anything but I have been very impressed with him at Southampton plus would have saved us a few quid instead of getting Phillps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.