Sturridge to leave City? [Merged]

Nelly's Left Foot said:
DS has been offered a very good deal by City but is holding out for a great deal more. I don't know the exact amount but for someone who has played so few first team games it's a great offer. He or his advisors are asking for an extraordinary amount , again when you consider how many games he has actually played, and City will not bridge the gap although have said they will review it frequently as he gets more games under his belt.

Quite rightly I would say and if thinks he can get better elsewhere good luck to him. I would think there is no chance he would get a better financial package elsewhere than we are offerring him now BUT he almost certainly can get more of a guarantee of first team football elsewhere. That latter aspect might well be the determining factor but he probably would have to go to a lesser or at best equivalent side ( currently) than City ( Villa or Everton)

If he does that and turns out to be top notch then he might warrant the big bucks he is currently holding out for. But of course if he stayed at City he would get plenty of chances to do exactly the same thing

How did you get to hear of the terms of the deals being offered?

Are you close to the Sturridge family? A friend of Hughes or Cook?

Or are you just going off what it says in the Super Soaraway Sun?

He is a good player, with great potential, but I doubt he will ever be as good as he thinks he is now. He needs to grow up fast and realise that he's at a good football club already. He's got the best job in the world for God's sake.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Definitely not going from any paper stuff as I don't read them. Just word from within the club.

Sorry mate. Didn't realise you were friends of Sturridge.

At least now we know for certain that he's asking for too much.

How much is it? Can you say?

And how much have City offered?

Come on, let us in on the deal!!!

A very sad affair all round. How he can contemplate leaving City is beyond me, but he will be a huge success wherever he goes, because he has so much talent.

But you have to prove your potential - like Ireland - before you earn.

Marvin said:
A very sad affair all round. How he can contemplate leaving City is beyond me, but he will be a huge success wherever he goes, because he has so much talent.

But you have to prove your potential - like Ireland - before you earn.

I also think it's a shame but it seems like he's made his decision with regards to how much he wants and he isn't looking like taking the offer on the table. I did also hear a story that he wanted a position at city for his dad. I'm not saying this was in his contract demands but he was supposed to have been pushing it.

As for his talent well there is no denying he's got it but if i'm being honest i think he's far too one footed to be a top top striker

Maybe we should get a little song going for Danny tomorrow.

Ahem

STURRIDGE IS A WANKER, STURRIDGE IS A WANKER, NA NA NA NAHHH, NA NA NA NAHHH

jeffmr2 said:
If he's considered good enough for Chelsea then surely thats sufficient proof he's good enough for us to to all we can to hold onto him.Our second best striker in my opinion.

Without reading the whole seventeen pages, the reason Chelsea will be interested is that they need a certain percentage of English or homegrown players in their Champs league squad. That's the main reason they'd come in for him.
Don't forget Chelsea haven't even got a manager at the moment so if he did go there who's actually making the decision?
When it comes to Villa, do you see Martin O'Neill braking his wage structure on a stuck up his own arse, Billy Big Nuts?
As for Blackburn, well that'd be fantastic. Sturridge would thrive with the ball constantly in the sky. I'd give him three months before he started whinging in the press.

The only place I could see him thriving would be under Wenger at the Arse. However there's no way Wenger would put up with the attitude Sturridge has and no doubt the disharmony he'd bring.

Have been looking forward to seeing DS explode into life in a City shirt for a few years since we first started hearing about this big prospect who would become England's next great centre forward, but it is clear the lad's heart is not with City and he sees his future elsewhere as shown with his most recent goal "celebration".

There have been glimpes of his talent this season - ie at Ewood Park and at Bramall Lane, but he is far from the finished article and his salary offer should reflect this. If he can get 60k per week out of Villa or Chelsea (which I doubt) fair enough cos right now it would be wrong of City to pay this to any player of his age and stature.

Is he being greedy? does he just want to move back home to play for Villa?

Who knows but his future aint as a blue...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.