Sturridge to leave City? [Merged]

blueonblue said:
Having trawled through this thread it seems most still dont get it.

You talk about how greedy Danny is wanting 50k/60k a week...............never asked for, ever!

The contract talked about with Sven before he left was for the same as other accademy graduates, hughes came in and after many delays offered a minor increase on his existing contract, this followed a chinese wisper campain that he wasn`t sure Danny would make it.

Danny turned it down and the fariy stories hit the press from a sorce inside the club, Hughes never once denighed them or put the record straight on what he knew was blatantly untrue.........despite his long time conections at the MuEN, wonder why?

By the final offer it was never about money, so rather than blaming the kid, wish him well as I do, an when he runs out as a full international, perhaps think of what might have been had we had a compertant manager
To be fair I don't know anyone who knows Danny Sturidge, but that is the exact line I heard from someone I do know, who has no axe to grind with DS.

Hughes has played this one well, he obviously doesn't like or rate Sturidge, DS is a talent so he's managed to get him out whilst turning the fans on him (proof of the fans opinions can be found in this very thread). I'll be interested to see what his wages are at his new club

Citysmith said:
blueonblue said:
Having trawled through this thread it seems most still dont get it.

You talk about how greedy Danny is wanting 50k/60k a week...............never asked for, ever!

The contract talked about with Sven before he left was for the same as other accademy graduates, hughes came in and after many delays offered a minor increase on his existing contract, this followed a chinese wisper campain that he wasn`t sure Danny would make it.

Danny turned it down and the fariy stories hit the press from a sorce inside the club, Hughes never once denighed them or put the record straight on what he knew was blatantly untrue.........despite his long time conections at the MuEN, wonder why?

By the final offer it was never about money, so rather than blaming the kid, wish him well as I do, an when he runs out as a full international, perhaps think of what might have been had we had a compertant manager
To be fair I don't know anyone who knows Danny Sturidge, but that is the exact line I heard from someone I do know, who has no axe to grind with DS.

Hughes has played this one well, he obviously doesn't like or rate Sturidge, DS is a talent so he's managed to get him out whilst turning the fans on him (proof of the fans opinions can be found in this very thread). I'll be interested to see what his wages are at his new club

Well you wonder what to believe as I was told around 2 years ago by another clubs academy director that they had looked at Sturridge before City got him, but decided not to take it any further as his advisors (family) were trouble and rated him higher than what he was worth in terms of wages etc. Again this is someone with no axe to grind etc but sort of fits in with what we have been hearing.

There are some real innocents on this thread at the moment!

If it really was just all about money, do you seriously believe that Aston Villa and, ahem, Blackburn Rovers, could out-bid us?

Of course not.

This is about a manager's valuation of the player and the fact that he dsoesn't really rate him. And wants him out.

But he doesn't want to appear to be the one kicking him out, so lets the "stories" run about Sturridge's supposed demands.

And even if he did keep him, how often would he play?

Bellamy's in front of him, Bojinov probably, Caceido... and we expect to sign another 2 strikers in the summer.

That makes him SIXTH choice, and I've not even included Jo in that!

It's best all round the lad moves on, for a variety of reasons. I wish him well, but fear he is just another Lee Croft.

Think theres no doubt that Hughes briefs the press against some of our players. And it is effective because a lot of us lap it up.

Not sure it's all down to that though, there have been rumours of Sturridge and difficulties long before Hughes came along, I suspect the truth is probably somewhere in between.

do you honestly think hughes would not offer him the money he thought he deserved out of spite .Or do you think he knows something we don`t because we obviously aren`t stapped for cash

DS has been offered a very good deal by City but is holding out for a great deal more. I don't know the exact amount but for someone who has played so few first team games it's a great offer. He or his advisors are asking for an extraordinary amount , again when you consider how many games he has actually played, and City will not bridge the gap although have said they will review it frequently as he gets more games under his belt.

Quite rightly I would say and if thinks he can get better elsewhere good luck to him. I would think there is no chance he would get a better financial package elsewhere than we are offerring him now BUT he almost certainly can get more of a guarantee of first team football elsewhere. That latter aspect might well be the determining factor but he probably would have to go to a lesser or at best equivalent side ( currently) than City ( Villa or Everton)

If he does that and turns out to be top notch then he might warrant the big bucks he is currently holding out for. But of course if he stayed at City he would get plenty of chances to do exactly the same thing

FFS

So now its all Hughes fault and Sturridge is squeaky clean. Ridiculous.

The fact is he has missed 75% of the past 3 seasons, and defenders have got wise to his one trick. That is why Hughes thought he warranted a small increase to his wage.

Good luck to the lad and whoever he signs for, but we wont regret letting him go.

FFS

So now its all Hughes fault and Sturridge is squeaky clean. Ridiculous.

The fact is he has missed 75% of the past 3 seasons, and defenders have got wise to his one trick. That is why Hughes thought he warranted a small increase to his wage.

Good luck to the lad and whoever he signs for, but we wont regret letting him go.

My nephew replaced him in the youth team when he was fast-tracked to impending stardom....

just a few bits of my understanding;-

never has been popular with any of his teammates

His familly uprooted from the midlands when he signed for City to Congleton to meet with FA rules (trainees must live within 1 and 1/2 hours of the acadamy)Always found this very strange.If I was Forced to move familly for my Kid to pursue his dream I would not live right on the outer boundary of the rules and leave myself the hassle of still getting my boy into Manchester every day.

Failed a medical a few years ago prior to an alleged move to Chelsea (Chest Problem which City were very concerned about at the time)

He has a very tight knit familly around him and I have little doubt this guy has a bright future in the game (niggling injuries permitting) but I have always had the impression he / his familly have never settled in the North West .I Believe his familly are big Villa fans.I think he will be plying his trade in at Villa Park.

What a shame...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.