Suarez - banned for 4 months (page 74)

Re: Suarez

Just listened to that ****** Murray on TS arguing that it doesn't matter as long as he keeps scoring for the dippers and in a way it's a good thing because it scares off potential buyers. It sees to have escaped him that this was a Luis' transfer bite and that in general biting is not seen as very sporting behaviour.

urmston said:
When Roy Keane admitted in his book that his terrible tackle on Alf-Inge Haland was pre-meditated the FA banned him for five matches and fined him £150,000.

Haland 's career was effectively over after this vile incident.

Don't like to ruin a good story but Haland retired because of a long standing injury to his left leg. Keane's foul was on his right leg.

cibaman said:
FIFA can ban him from all football but I would be surprised if they did. Has a player ever been banned from domestic football for foul play committed in an international? If not it would seem like too big a precedent. Biting is a nasty act, repeat biting even more so. But its not as if a player has suffered a career ending injury.

No but FIFA have banned a player worldwide for a domestic incident. Cantona was banned by the FA for 8 months and it was FIFA who turned it into a worldwide ban.

I don't see why it would be any different on this occasion, in fact it should be more likely considering he did it on the World stage. Would FIFA want to tarnish what is their pride and joy, and the pinnacle of football ?

tidyman said:
urmston said:
When Roy Keane admitted in his book that his terrible tackle on Alf-Inge Haland was pre-meditated the FA banned him for five matches and fined him £150,000.

Don't like to ruin a good story but Haland retired because of a long standing injury to his left leg. Keane's foul was on his right leg.

I've amended my story, but my point about Suarez still stands.

Suarez's action was a lot less serious than many we see many times a season. We get stampings, head butts, elbows in the face, shocking two footed tackles, punches thrown in fights etc and these things attract a level of punishment which is far less than many seem to want for Suarez's nursery school type bite.

Even a dive to try to get a penalty is much more serious an offence in my opinion.

Loserpool will never sell him, they have no shame, they don't care what he does as long as he does the business for them.

I have just had a nosey at the LFC official website "latest news section". The four lead stories are;

Mickeys friendly against Preston at Deepdale now a sell out.

Yaya and Kolo knocked out in late penalty drama.

Stevie Overrated saying England have some hard work on the road ahead.

Something about tickets for their cup scheme.

Surely by now their press office must have come up with some sort of response ?

BurnCK said:
cibaman said:
FIFA can ban him from all football but I would be surprised if they did. Has a player ever been banned from domestic football for foul play committed in an international? If not it would seem like too big a precedent. Biting is a nasty act, repeat biting even more so. But its not as if a player has suffered a career ending injury.

No but FIFA have banned a player worldwide for a domestic incident. Cantona was banned by the FA for 8 months and it was FIFA who turned it into a worldwide ban.

I don't see why it would be any different on this occasion, in fact it should be more likely considering he did it on the World stage. Would FIFA want to tarnish what is their pride and joy, and the pinnacle of football ?

Cantona's ban had a much bigger impact on the club he was playing for at the time, and who had a responsibility for his conduct, than it did on France. In this case the situation is the reverse. A 6-12 month worldwide ban would primarily punish Liverpool rather than Uruguay.

I'm not saying they cant impose a worldwide ban, or that they shouldn't. Just that I don't think they will. I would bet that Henry's lawyers have been on the phone today demanding that FIFA stick to the common practice of restricting the ban to internationals. They'll argue that nobody was seriously injured, that the "normal" penalty for this type of offense is 6 international matches. They might concede that he should get more as a repeat offender but that would mean say 12 international matches, not domestic games as well. And I don't think FIFA will take them on.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I have just had a nosey at the LFC official website "latest news section". The four lead stories are;

Mickeys friendly against Preston at Deepdale now a sell out.

Yaya and Kolo knocked out in late penalty drama.

Stevie Overrated saying England have some hard work on the road ahead.

Something about tickets for their cup scheme.

Surely by now their press office must have come up with some sort of response ?

Amazing isn't it, not even a mention of the incident. Not even as an allegation.

urmston said:
tidyman said:
urmston said:

I've amended my story, but my point about Suarez still stands.

Suarez's action was a lot less serious than many we see many times a season. We get stampings, head butts, elbows in the face, shocking two footed tackles, punches thrown in fights etc and these things attract a level of punishment which is far less than many seem to want for Suarez's nursery school type bite.

Even a dive to try to get a penalty is much more serious an offence in my opinion.

Words fail me ......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.