Suarez - banned for 4 months (page 74)

Re: Suarez

urmston said:
Suarez's bites cause a lot less damage than other violent on-pitch actions, and they are certainly no more deliberate and offensive than incidents of racist abuse.

His bites are unusual, but that's not a reason to punish him more severely than those guilty of really violent fouls or racist behaviour.

Utter nonsense. When did anyone ever get exposed to Hepatitis because someone called them a name ? Get a grip for god sake, Man.

bluebrother55 said:
urmston said:
Suarez's bites cause a lot less damage than other violent on-pitch actions, and they are certainly no more deliberate and offensive than incidents of racist abuse.

His bites are unusual, but that's not a reason to punish him more severely than those guilty of really violent fouls or racist behaviour.

Utter nonsense. When did anyone ever get exposed to Hepatitis because someone called them a name ? Get a grip for god sake, Man.

Approximately 10%-15% of human bite wounds become infected

Human bites have been shown to transmit hepatitis B, hepatitis C, herpes simplex virus (HSV), syphilis, tuberculosis, actinomycosis, and tetanus.

Evidence suggests that it is biologically possible to transmit the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) through human bites

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
urmston said:
jknight said:
I think you're making a judgement on how serious the incident is by the potential consequences. You're right - all these incidents could lead to broken legs etc - far worse injuries than having a nibble on someone's shoulder. The problem is that a deliberate bite is equated with the behaviour of an animal or a petulent child - it's repulsive and in Saurez case he's done it three times when unprovoked. I think for this reason it's judged differently than an incident which (as you say) could actually do more harm

I don't find the bites repulsive. They are pathetic and silly from a grown man, but they have done no damage, a bit like one toddler biting another.

I find a dive for a penalty repulsive. It is cheating pure and simple.

So going down too easily in the box is worse than potentially infecting another player with a blood borne virus such as hepatitis or HIV/Aids?
What a fucking odd world you inhabit.

Behave, it was a nibble. Disgusting and Repulsive from an adult but utterly harmless. It's clear that Suarez was trying to force a flailing arm from Chiellini to try and get him sent off for an elbow, to increase his country's chance of progression. Suarez is a calculated genius; immoral and disgusting but he does what he does for the greater good of his team.

In my opinion, he should be handed a 10 match International ban. In line with what is expected for spitting on someone plus 4 for violent conduct.

All of these calls for a 2 year ban etc. are ludicrous.

The reality is, biting is absolutely revolting and unforgiveable. It's like spitting, it's not about the damage it causes it's the complete and utter contempt it shows for human decency. By repeatedly biting people, he is showing that he has literally no control over his actions and is incapable of following even the most basic moral standards. If he cannot control himself, then he is a danger to his opponents and they would be well within their rights to refuse to take the same field as him

Trying to lessen this incident by comparing leg breakers and violent conduct to biting and spitting is to ignore the nature, physicality and competitiveness of contact sport. Acts as deplorable as the former are clearly wrong but biting and spitting are simply disgusting and below contempt.

It's not about the damage caused for me; it's about the utterly repugnant nature of the act.

Jackson-ctid said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
urmston said:
I don't find the bites repulsive. They are pathetic and silly from a grown man, but they have done no damage, a bit like one toddler biting another.

I find a dive for a penalty repulsive. It is cheating pure and simple.

So going down too easily in the box is worse than potentially infecting another player with a blood borne virus such as hepatitis or HIV/Aids?
What a fucking odd world you inhabit.

Behave, it was a nibble. Disgusting and Repulsive from an adult but utterly harmless. It's clear that Suarez was trying to force a flailing arm from Chiellini to try and get him sent off for an elbow, to increase his country's chance of progression. Suarez is a calculated genius; immoral and disgusting but he does what he does for the greater good of his team.

In my opinion, he should be handed a 10 match International ban. In line with what is expected for spitting on someone plus 4 for violent conduct.

You really are fucking bonkers.
That post is simply too daft to reason with.
So I won't.

Jackson-ctid said:

So you think he should be given a ban that is in some ways a lesser ban than he received the last time he took a bite? Sure missing out on a match at the World Cup is big, but after that none of the matches mean very much.

Every offense should come with a bigger and bigger penalty. I won't call for a 2 year ban, but a full calendar year doesn't seem out of the question to me. Maybe then he'll figure out that is not acceptable behavior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.