Suarez - banned for 4 months (page 74)

Re: Suarez

If you're trying to justify the severity of biting in relation to the damage it inflicts, replace biting with whipping your cock out and pissing on your opponent. Is it going to cause him a career ending injury? Probably not. Is it disgusting, reprehensible, and has no place in the game? Absolutely.

Mrmcfc said:
Not sure if posted, but here's a snippet from RAWK
I'd say it was a WUM, but it is RAWK we're talking about here.

I've watched it again and again and the problem is (and please don't take this as me being flippant, as its not) is look at Luis's skull shape - he does have protruding teeth and the angle his head hits, his mouth will come into contact with the shoulder as he was falling into him face first. None of this of course will be taken into account as it will be more fun for the press to hound and slaughter him on the premise that he has previous. Batten down the hatches boys, as the filthy hoardes of the common gutter cockroach press are going to be coming out in force

Not a wum, just a bog standard poster on rawk.

urmston said:
When Roy Keane admitted in his book that his terrible tackle on Alf-Inge Haland was pre-meditated the FA banned him for five matches and fined him £150,000.

So for Suarez's little bite which has caused no lasting injury whatsoever I think a telling off from the manager and a fine of 25p would be about right.

I was thinking along the same lines. Serious as it is, it's a lesser crime than the GBH inflicted by that **** Keane. Ending a fellow pro's career - whether deliberately or through recklessness - is unforgivable in my book.

A bite on the shoulder doesn't have the same consequence even if it is a little, erm, distasteful.

Not defending Suarez here. He has form too. I just wish the authorities would jump on all violent offences.

Jackson-ctid said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
urmston said:
I don't find the bites repulsive. They are pathetic and silly from a grown man, but they have done no damage, a bit like one toddler biting another.

I find a dive for a penalty repulsive. It is cheating pure and simple.

So going down too easily in the box is worse than potentially infecting another player with a blood borne virus such as hepatitis or HIV/Aids?
What a fucking odd world you inhabit.

Behave, it was a nibble. Disgusting and Repulsive from an adult but utterly harmless. It's clear that Suarez was trying to force a flailing arm from Chiellini to try and get him sent off for an elbow, to increase his country's chance of progression. Suarez is a calculated genius; immoral and disgusting but he does what he does for the greater good of his team.

In my opinion, he should be handed a 10 match International ban. In line with what is expected for spitting on someone plus 4 for violent conduct.

All of these calls for a 2 year ban etc. are ludicrous.

So if a player takes it upon himself to repeatedly tell child fans on the front row to "fuck off" he's had no direct affect on the game and he's not cheating - is this less of a crime than Ashley Young diving to win a penalty? Stupid example I know but you can't judge every incident on whether it impacts the game or not. Spitting and biting is the lowest of the low for on pitch behaviour and giving him 10 matches (which has already been tried) is pathetic.

moomba said:
Jackson-ctid said:
So going down too easily in the box is worse than potentially infecting another player with a blood borne virus such as hepatitis or HIV/Aids?

Behave, it was a nibble. Disgusting and Repulsive from an adult but utterly harmless. It's clear that Suarez was trying to force a flailing arm from Chiellini to try and get him sent off for an elbow, to increase his country's chance of progression. Suarez is a calculated genius; immoral and disgusting but he does what he does for the greater good of his team.

In my opinion, he should be handed a 10 match International ban. In line with what is expected for spitting on someone plus 4 for violent conduct.

Its his 3rd offence. How many times do you give him a slap on the wrist before you realisehe is a danger to other players.
Also assaulted and broke a referee's nose in Uruguay as a youth but the criminals controlling football there covered it up with threats and shootings. No wonder he feels he can get away with nonsense like this.

I love how one commentator said "Oh dear" and the other one added "Surely not again" in such a casual way. It's like they knew it was going to happen again but still couldn't believe it.

mcmanus said:
Jackson-ctid said:

El loco has now bitten three players for fucks sake. Banning goofy for a month or two doesn't work.

I know you are a bit slow at times but how does "10 match international ban" translate as a month or two in your head? I did a bit of digging to investigate how long it would take to serve a 10 match ban and it would take almost a year if Uruguay's fixture schedule is anything like the year following the previous world cup.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_in_Uruguayan_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80 ... n_football</a>

There were 15 games in all played that year. But you also have to take into account other factors of course, such as any further games played in the world cup (Uruguay have at least one to play), and the fact that 9 of the 15 international games were friendlies, two of which (Copa Confraternidad de Antel and Copa 100 Años del Banco de Seguros del Estado) were prestige friendlies sponsored by corporations (A telecom giant, and a bank), one of which was a 100 year commemoration- so not likely to be played in the coming year. I have checked FIFA's index for Uruguay fixture and they only have one friendly lined up (against Saudi Arabia in Jeddah), Although a strong finish or even victory may increase the amount of friendlies played. But then again that is restricted by FIFA international dates. A 10 match ban in all likelihood affect his available appearances at the Copa America next year, it is also worth noting the difference of magnitude between 10 Liverpool league fixtures that weren't exactly most important , and an inevitable world cup expulsion if he receives any punishment. This is not about a deterrent, the player obviously had anger issues and one he is angry he hits out by biting. People don't behave in a considered and rational manner when the red mist descends. The punishment even when severe may not be enough to make him seek anger management treatment. A 12 month ban would also be appropriate- there is not much between the a 10 match and a 12 month as I have demonstrated, but a fixed time period may send a greater message. A 2 year ban is disproportionate to the offence, and although Suarez's previous character should be taken into account, there is no need to view this as criminal proceedings as some posters appear to be doing.

Fifa need to make a stance on this. They fucked up with the Zidane headbutt at the world cup final a 3 game ban and a small fine.
I don't think they will do the same with Suarez. I think if they want to hit him hard they will do big time. He got a 10 game ban I wouldn't be shocked to see that getting doubled. For competitive games be it international games or both club and international games. They can't ban him completely as the player will claim he won't be able to make a living and the players unions will be supporting him in this for not a major ban.

tidyman said:
Clevers said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I have just had a nosey at the LFC official website "latest news section". The four lead stories are;

Mickeys friendly against Preston at Deepdale now a sell out.

Yaya and Kolo knocked out in late penalty drama.

Stevie Overrated saying England have some hard work on the road ahead.

Something about tickets for their cup scheme.

Surely by now their press office must have come up with some sort of response ?

Amazing isn't it, not even a mention of the incident. Not even as an allegation.

Just out of interest, what sort of thing do we think would be on City's website if it had been one of our players?

Something like "At the World Cup FIFA are investigating whether or not Suarez was guilty of biting an opponent. No comment will be made until the FIFA investigation has been completed."

Why would banning him impact his ability to make a living? surely Liverpool fc will pay him as per his contract....unless his contract has some precondition that he is can't bite people.

He deserves a life ban from football imo. Enough is enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.